New to me DD 2500HD. with a few questions. Poll on rocker panel bed l

I've seen plenty of trucks that have had the whole bottom of the truck line x'ed and it looked great! IMO I would line x the whole bottom and the fender flairs also it will look sweet specially since your going for a lifted off road look. Key here is line x don't do ryno or other brands as they look cheap and not as good in my opinion. And take the bed rails off looms ghetto.

oh it the bed rails will be getting removed for sure. They will be getting removed before the spray in bed liner. I will be going over the rail with the bed liner sense I plan on using this truck as a truck and not a garage queen like the Ss was before. I won't abuse the truck with hardcore off reading but I do plan to use it as a truck.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice truck. are you keeping the white sierra anyway now? i would deff paint the rockers and wheel moldings. even if they tape off at body line and dont blend it would still look better than the black stuff imo. anything ever happen with the sy you wanted? i dont know how you keep track of all these toys haha

very nice truck. are you keeping the white sierra anyway now? i would deff paint the rockers and wheel moldings. even if they tape off at body line and dont blend it would still look better than the black stuff imo. anything ever happen with the sy you wanted? i dont know how you keep track of all these toys haha

I'm thinking the Green truck will get a complete new paint job. I had a buddy over last night. he looked at the truck and said we could paint it no problem. he has his own paint booth at his house, he just has to finish another car first.

I'm thinking of Selling the White GMC sierra. its a really clean truck but I already have to many vehicles. Plus it wont fit the family so I'll never drive it anymore.

As for the Syclone I talked to the guy the day I heard it was up for sale. He said he had one guy look at it and the next day it was sold. Its was kind of a bummer but its just a truck and I'l l find one when the time is right I guess. But I will own one. really need to focus on the SS and get it back to rolling frame again. its now down to bare frame just need some time to shoot it. But it always seems like I have a million things going on. Lol

Your a busy man bro. GL with the truck.

Yeah its seems like Im always going. This just adds to the list. But that's OK

I'm still young. I will be doing the prep work on the crew cab and my buddy will shoot it.

We will both work on wet sanding and buffing it.

do you still have the 408 and turbo for ss? i about sh*t when i was on PT.net. if you only knew, i tried to sell my diesel for that turbo lol

I do still have the 408 and turbo kit as of right now. I will be keeping the 408. The turbo kit is not sold. The guy that posted it was sold backed out and didn't pay. But I'm working with another member on the turbo kit. I will still be going turbo even if I sell my current turbo kit. A close friend of mine wants to build a custom front mount for my truck. Not sure if you remember those pictures I post of that quad turbo duramax. But its the same guy and does awesome work. Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

NiceTruck Shawn. With 33" tires and aftermarket wheels you may have rubbing issues. Looks like your already planning to do a front level, but you may have to do some trimming too.

oh I figured I would be trimming the front. Will see what the tire shop thinks I'd like to run 33s but will see. Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I'm thinking the Green truck will get a complete new paint job. I had a buddy over last night. he looked at the truck and said we could paint it no problem. he has his own paint booth at his house, he just has to finish another car first.

I'm thinking of Selling the White GMC sierra. its a really clean truck but I already have to many vehicles. Plus it wont fit the family so I'll never drive it anymore.

As for the Syclone I talked to the guy the day I heard it was up for sale. He said he had one guy look at it and the next day it was sold. Its was kind of a bummer but its just a truck and I'l l find one when the time is right I guess. But I will own one. really need to focus on the SS and get it back to rolling frame again. its now down to bare frame just need some time to shoot it. But it always seems like I have a million things going on. Lol

I'm looking forward to seeing finished pics with those wheels. I've liked dark green on a truck for a long time and those wheels look killer to me.

I understand the appeal of the Syclone, but I would rather put the buck$ and effort into the SSS, but if you have room for both what the heck. :cool:

Very nice truck to add to the list. Just remember to keep those stock rims for the winter.

Oh I will be keeping the stock wheels for sure. Im the guy who doesn't get rid of the factory wheels. I did sell the SSS chrome 20s and to this day Im kicking myself. really wish I would not have Im really bummed I did. but you live a learn and I will never do it again.