supercharged ss vs gt stang?

Okay, so about 2 months ago my 03 SS Silverado was about 3 truck lengths behind my buddys gt stang in a 1/4 mile. that was with only a 160 degree thermostat. now recently i have done some things such as. Electric fans, Pacesetter longtube headers and i have added a radix twin screw magnuson supercharger with a magnacharger cold air intake and tuned by black bear performance. my buddy and I raced again last night and this time he pulled me by a hood in the same exact place we raced last time. Now with all I have done is that about right? After supercharging and everything else i expected to embarass him honestly. did i have my expectations too high or is this a problem? Could my tune be off maybe?? looking for some opinions.

You should have easily taken him unless he's hiding a bottle somewhere.

Follow the advice here. A little more tuning and a stall & shift kit will definitely make improvements. How much psi are you running?

you should be working that Stang hard. I'd say something isn't right some where? you should got run him. your sure his GT is stock? are you going from a dig or roll? If your going from a Dig and he is still beating you then something is going on.

When my truck was tuned on 8lbs I ran a 04 cobra with a lower pulley and a tune. he was seeing 13-14lbs of boost and from a dig I hung with him for awhile. I would say he got me by about 3 to 3.5 cars. from a roll he walked me right away. when I added more boost and a new tune the truck would have probably have got him by a truck or so from a dig.

I would log your tune and see whats going on. did you race when it was really hot out? Because I know my truck is a dog on hot days.

Yes he lives with me i know for a fact he is stock other than a flowmaster exhaust which is nothing. and no it was about 68 degrees and overcast. and yes it was from a dig. Just judging from the first time i ran him and then again after all of my work ive evidently only picked up about 3 car lengths? If that. im worse than dissapointed but im just hoping i can figure it out. and of course my buddy has it on video so now i look like a fool.