Night shift sucks

Well ive been working on nights for about two weeks now. I had tonight off (yesterday night) and i cant sleep for the life of me. It is now 5 am and im not a single bit tired. My luck the sun will come up and than ill fall asleep and sleep my entire Saturday! This blows. Anyone else work nights and hate it? I think im going to get up and shower and not go to sleep at all so i crash out sat night.

I work at a federal prison and I go in about 1130pm and get off around 8am. Have to drive 20min home and finally go to sleep about 10am, but no matter what time I go to sleep whether it's 10 or noon I always wake up at 2pm. Then i'll have to take me a nap from 8-10pm before I go back in to work. The only thing about sleeping for 4-5hrs a day is when it's finally my "weekend" (not a sat-sun...more like a mon-tues :jerk: ) I sleep for 12hrs my first "off" day...so it kills my whole weekend.. It blows!

I work all shifts. Im on call so when my phone rings i get 2 hrs to show up. So somtetimes i get no sleep. And then sleep 12 hrs as soon as i see a bed.. but yeah 3rd the worst shift. Thats if you wanna be normal on weekends and not a zombie. Lol

Yea it sucks lol. I'm dead tired now and refuse to sleep all day. So far since this post I have gone to Waffle House, went by wal mart to get a few house hold things and am now at the barber shop. All too keep my self up throughout the day. I know if I go home and sit down I will crash and stay asleep all day.

I have never work a night shift. But a few years ago when money was tight. I worked two jobs one job I had to be there and clocked in at 5am. So I had to be up at 4am to make on time. I got off there at 1pm and had to be at my other job at 4pm and had to stay there until 130am. Then back up at 4pm to make it back to work. I was only getting a max of four and a half hours asleep a day. Really messed with my sleeping habits. So I could only imagine what a night shift would do. I'm just glad I only had to work those shifts for like 6 months. At times I was so tried I once fell asleep at a stop light on the way home from work.

I do a lot of night watches on my cutter. Although I do enjoy having the "mid watch"(0000-0400) when we are in a port call..this way I get to watch all the shenanigans when the guys head back to the boat. Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2