My First Trip To The Strip.

sknutson913

I'm going to run the SS this Friday night at the track to get some baseline numbers before cams and a tune. I have Borla Exhaust dumped under the cab and a K&N Intake. Whats the best way to launch the truck. Its on 03 so it has AWD. I've never ran an Auto down the strip. should i keep it in 3 with towing on? I'm not comfortable shifting manually on the column in case of missing a gear.

I'm going to run the SS this Friday night at the track to get some baseline numbers before cams and a tune. I have Borla Exhaust dumped under the cab and a K&N Intake. Whats the best way to launch the truck. Its on 03 so it has AWD. I've never ran an Auto down the strip. should i keep it in 3 with towing on? I'm not comfortable shifting manually on the column in case of missing a gear.

Remember when you start performance mods, these trucks run best with only one cam installed.

Remember when you start performance mods, these trucks run best with only one cam installed.

But I want to run 1 in block and 2 over each head....

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Best way to launch stock is at about 1200rpms. Go around water box, leave it in 3 when lights come down when second yellow blinks leave.

^^^ this

Put er in 3rd, don't really have to brake load. on the 2nd yellow will cut you some really tight R/T's. it's almost like JC has been to the track before or something :jester:

Best way to launch stock is at about 1200rpms. Go around water box, leave it in 3 when lights come down when second yellow blinks leave.

You launch on the second light? And no red light?

My RT is gonna be garbage the first couple runs I'm sure while I figure out how she comes off the line. Oh well its just for S&G's. I think the hardest part is going to be getting that down since I'm used to how my bike launches and when to slip out.

I have a feeling this forum is going to cost me a lot of money and my wife will hate all of you! Reading signatures on what mods y'all are running has me all over the internet right now!!