My First Trip To The Strip.

sknutson913

You launch on the second light? And no red light?

stock can't get out the hole fast enough to go red. When the second goes out and 3rd begins to come on I leave. Last time out I cut a couple pretty decent lights. This is staging it normal not deep staging. This will get ya in the ball park. If you ever see green before u go yr gonna be really late.

stock can't get out the hole fast enough to go red. When the second goes out and 3rd begins to come on I leave. Last time out I cut a couple pretty decent lights. This is staging it normal not deep staging. This will get ya in the ball park. If you ever see green before u go yr gonna be really late.

I was wondering how much my build would change when I stomp on it. I haven't run my new set up yet so I'll play it safe at first and hit it on the last yellow.

As soon as it flashes. I went from a 2.1 2.2 60ft to a consistent 1.8. Which here in the 16 passes that I've made lately has beat everyone off the line. I took and srt 8 with a 125 shot off the line but he came around me. A supercharged mustang. And the rest were quick but not even close. If I had a higher stall it would work better with my cam but I was kinda scared to go 3600 it's my DD.

As soon as it flashes. I went from a 2.1 2.2 60ft to a consistent 1.8. Which here in the 16 passes that I've made lately has beat everyone off the line. I took and srt 8 with a 125 shot off the line but he came around me. A supercharged mustang. And the rest were quick but not even close. If I had a higher stall it would work better with my cam but I was kinda scared to go 3600 it's my DD.

You have any traction problems? 3200 seems to be a nice compromise between performance and street-ability.

Depends I guess. I can spin all 4 on the road on a launch apart every time. At the track it depends which lane I'm in. Outside I spin just a little every time. On the inside never. At work the other day I laid down 4 pretty long lines for a truck with the mods I have. I'd rather not spin at all. And that's 305/50/20 GY gt's.

Damn, spinning all four with 305s?! I was hoping I wouldn't have traction issues, but I I guess it's inevitable now. These are what I'm running in 275/55R20s

http://www.gtradial.ca/en/product-details.asp?mastertireid=ChinaPattern000027

They're supposed to be a all season, but there's just no way. I can stick my fingernail in them, and at 0C (32F) they're hard as a rock. They might be a all season in Mexico or something, but not in Canada.

Edit* I totally just realized that this thread has been hijacked. Sorry to the OP, I will continue this convo via PM with JC.

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

Im not sure why everyone is so worried about the tree. Unless you are racing one of your buddies who cares if you sit at the line with a green light for 2 days. It is your 60ft is what you are after with these heavy trucks. Your reaction time means nothing on a timeslip when you are just looking for ET's, 60ft, and trap speed. Reaction time is either for bracket racing or bragging rights with your buddies to see who reacts faster. But obviously ET's mean more than reaction times at the end of the day to the average guy just wanting to see how fast their ride goes.

Bascially what im saying is, use the time you have at the track to find the best way to launch your truck to achieve the best 60ft time you can. Launch one at idle, then next go off the foot brake at 2k rpm, then next 3k, ect. See what works. No one is going to laugh at you for sitting at the line while the other guy is heading down the track. If anyone watching knows anything about going down a drag strip they will know why you arent taking off on the green light and doing what you are doing.

Im not sure why everyone is so worried about the tree. Unless you are racing one of your buddies who cares if you sit at the line with a green light for 2 days. It is your 60ft is what you are after with these heavy trucks. Your reaction time means nothing on a timeslip when you are just looking for ET's, 60ft, and trap speed. Reaction time is either for bracket racing or bragging rights with your buddies to see who reacts faster. But obviously ET's mean more than reaction times at the end of the day to the average guy just wanting to see how fast their ride goes.

Bascially what im saying is, use the time you have at the track to find the best way to launch your truck to achieve the best 60ft time you can. Launch one at idle, then next go off the foot brake at 2k rpm, then next 3k, ect. See what works. No one is going to laugh at you for sitting at the line while the other guy is heading down the track. If anyone watching knows anything about going down a drag strip they will know why you arent taking off on the green light and doing what you are doing.

:thumbs:

I have a feeling this forum is going to cost me a lot of money and my wife will hate all of you! Reading signatures on what mods y'all are running has me all over the internet right now!!

lmao.....That's what we are here for