Exhaust Help!

• Whats up guys im here to ask for alittle help & some opinions. I have a SS with stock headers and exhaust. I just bought a set of Pacesetter LT Headers. Now i need help on wich catalytic converters & exhaust to get. Im down to either Magnaflow or Dynomax on the exhaust but im lost on the catalytic converter.... please help. Thanks guys. :question: :question:

if all youre worried about is passing a visual inspection just pick up a set of fake cats from ---> http://www.frozenboost.com/product_info.php?cPath=210&products_id=320&osCsid=7a0056c7816319d49befd848cf8a8c7c

I have those on my truck. Quality is great, looks like a cat but isnt, and for 40 bucks a piece its hard to go another way.

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

if all youre worried about is passing a visual inspection just pick up a set of fake cats from ---> http://www.frozenboost.com/product_info.php?cPath=210&products_id=320&osCsid=7a0056c7816319d49befd848cf8a8c7c

I have those on my truck. Quality is great, looks like a cat but isnt, and for 40 bucks a piece its hard to go another way.

Thats awesome. They do just visual inspections down there?

Its quite simple with exhausts. Corsa and Dynomax seem to be the companies with no drone, these exhausts are quiet cruising but open up that throttle and your truck is a Nascar race car screaming. Magnaflow, Borla, Gibson, Billy Boat all are deep tone exhausts which each company has a varying amount of drone. Out of the deep tone exhausts, Gibson or Borla is the most quiet.

Im guessing they stick the tube down your exhaust to check on the cats? Someone I knew had cats on their BMW M3 with a Billy Boat or UUC exhaust, but with a flip of a switch the cats were gone and it was straight through (baffles or something). This was back in 98 so memory isn't to great on the specs.

And just to help, our stock trucks do not have headers, we have manifolds :chevy: