Low Mileage Maintenance

I've owned the truck since March 2004 and it now only has 11,000 miles on it. I've changed all the fluids out except for the transmission because the manual doesn't put a time stamp on it, just mileage. For example I did flush the cooling system at 5 years and it is due again next year if I don't sell it.

The transmission fluid obviously still looks like new, would you service it or leave it alone?

If you only have 11K miles on your truck, and if the oil looks clean then leave it alone. Im not an expert but i dont think ATF fluid breaks down like regular engine oil does.

This^

I think your safe as long as the atf fluid is not rated for 10 year/100k like the coolant is. But fresh liquids are always good.

I am no mechanic, but am in a similar situation. Only added 13k miles since my last flush, but it sat awhile. I will be doing the tranny flush as condensation build up is a major concern and not risking any failure. Then again new atf fluids means more detergent in the tranny :wacko:

That truck seriously looks new sir :chevy: