What oil is everyone using?

Black Beast

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run either a castrol or Mobil 1 syn, just whatever I can find. I'll probably look into amsoil maybe I can find a vendor at decent price.

But that 0w castrol your talking about I use to run in an LS1 and I remember noticing a difference in oil psi. I think they might have changed the formula since then though, I remember people talking about the label being different or something. And it's pretty though to find too, and about $6-$7 a quart

I run Amsoil in everything I own from the sss to my lawn mower. I use blackstone labs to test the oil and it has always came back with good reports. I usually get good deals on amsoil. If any one wants to run it send me a pm and I will see what I can get it for.

Edited by mwalls54 (see edit history)

I run Amsoil in everything I own from the sss to my lawn mower. I use blackstone labs to test the oil and it has always came back with good reports. I usually get good deals on amsoil. If any one wants to run it send me a pm and I will see what I can get it for.

Haha u sound like me lol. Shoot the rhino and lawn equipment has it. You can also become a preferred customer n get it for about 2$ a quart cheaper.

Haha u sound like me lol. Shoot the rhino and lawn equipment has it. You can also become a preferred customer n get it for about 2$ a quart cheaper.

I'm actually a dealer but I dont really advertise it. I only do it to give friends and family discounts.

I've used mobil1...switched to rp about 6montys ago and both are great. Of course rp more $$ but who cares,it's the Ss your talking about lol. Daily smh,she sees nothing but valvoline lol

Always used M1 too until switching to AMSOIL. I became a dealer to pass on the savings too. If anyone wants a quote, let me know. I'm definitely not trying to get rich off of it, lol.

So I picked up 6 qts of RP today... Wow, $60 for a DIY oil change. My buddy asked why I don't just do 5 qts Mobil 1, and 1 qt of RP. RP does advertise that their oil helps regular oil also... That would help with the price per change... Thoughts?

oil is oil really... unless you need oil with zinc additive but in that case youd have a worked engine. the cap sais 5-30... nobody here is smarter then the engineers who designed the engine... so i dont see what this breakfast blend or whatever from Europe oil mixture has any relativity here. only time youd deter from the cap is if you live in abnormally hot or cold climates.

that being said i run m1 5-30 with k&n filter. trucks been boosted for 30k now and i beat the shit out of it. still purrs like the day i got her