Talk me into/out of a SSS

walleyealx

Ever since I sold my gp gxp and got an avalanche I've been missing that power. I had looked into an SS at the time but a great deal came up on an avy so I bought that.

Well... now I'm selling my avy and looking for a real truck that has some scoot. I drove an 05 qc hemi ram and liked how it put me back in my seat. That's pretty much what rekindled the SS fire.

I'm looking to spend less than 15k up front and plan on adding most of the bolt ons, getting a tune, and possibly a cam swap. I like the size and looks of the ram, but there are SO many on the road.

So what are your opinions? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Whatever u do don't buy a dodge lol. TURD. Hands down I'd buy an SS. I love my Awd. Handles really good n the rain and everything else actually. It gets off the line really well it pulls just about whatever you want. They look great. What's not to like lol. Hands down SS.

It comes down to what you really want....

Do want a truck that is a Limited Edition that everybody looks at and says wow !!!

Or do you want a truck that has most all the same features, But there are a couple on every corner...

You can make plenty of power with either truck the more you spend the faster you go...

I am a Chevy guy there was no other choice !!! Other trucks are nice some may be faster, But none of them are a SSS !!!

My vote is for Chevrolet Silverado SS. You wont be dissatisfied !!!

#SSS/FTW

What is your main purpose for a truck? Do you tow? Use the bed a lot? For instance I have to have a suv or truck with CCSB or ECSB because I cannot stand little cars (been in enough accidents with idiot friend drivers.

If you plan on doing the bolt ons, cam etc you will have to beef up your tranny or buy one from a shop like FLT. Also the front diffs are known for going out. However the awd will gladly put you back in your seat with a nice grin on your face, it does me.

I have to say the creature comforts in Dodge and Ford are ahead of Chevy though. I only liked the Dodge Srt-10 Ram Nite Runner Quad Cabs and Power Wagon edition. Otherwise I go with a Ford Diesel F-250 if I didn't want a truck that needs to stay clean and look its best at all times. This truck can be high maintenance, not like the Avy where you can go anywhere, then park it at home and sleep.

I am not trying to steer you away from it, nor trying to sell you this truck. I know I won't be selling mine unless I get a DEI SS.

It really comes down to what your using the truck for. Hope this helps a little bit.

Whatever u do don't buy a dodge lol. TURD. Hands down I'd buy an SS. I love my Awd. Handles really good n the rain and everything else actually. It gets off the line really well it pulls just about whatever you want. They look great. What's not to like lol. Hands down SS.

^^^yes sir^^

I'll be towing rarely, but I will probably need to tow a boat or a small trailer on occasion. Otherwise it will just be my main ride. Thanks for the suggestions/help so far, now I need to decide to find one to test and then decide on which color.

I would look into the vehicle's history more so than anything else, unless you absolutely want a certain color. I had one of every color in 8-2005 (except silver birch) available to purchase but took the one from the dealership my family has been going to for over 85 years. I did not know the production numbers of the 03 and 04's at the time of my purchase, but would have taken the 2004 AB over my 2003 OB.

I do love my truck, these things are money pits though... between the small mods here and there and it seems like theres always something little or big going wrong needing fixed. My biggest gripe is the wheel bearings, front difff and most of all the interior electronics parts/cluster/dash they are either buzzing, sticking, burnt out, peeling, partially working..... Really poor quality IMO.. lets not forget the driver side Power controls panel that when the clip wears out/breaks you gotta replace your door panel to fix it Unless i was given bad info.

Looks i give the SS a 10

Quality of interior i give a 4

performance with a tune exhaust and intake i give it a 9 - for what it is.

Not trying to be negative, just wanted you to be aware of these things..

If none of this scares you, then i say go for it.... they are a very enjoyable when everthing is working fine.

Good luck in your search