Camping in Alaska with the SS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend took the pics on Saturday. Its been beautiful. Unfortunately, on the way home, something came lose in my trans. Not sure what. But i had a flatbed come grab it. Luckily, i was only 24mi out of town, and not 200. Haha. But still sucks. Ill pull it and take it back to Tom when i get back from Anchorage next weekend. Ive got too much on my plate with having to move, so i wont be able to mess with it for a bit. Sucks. Summer is so short here and you wanna enjoy it as much as you can. Its torture when the truck is down. Only 250mi on the new 65E, and i gave it 65% throttle or so just to pass a motorhome on the way back. It downshifted to 2nd and i felt something come loose. No loud pop or nothing. Just lost all my gears. Pulled over and waited for the flatbed. Haha this thing is such a money pit. It has the same characteristics as it did before when my pump grenaded, but with a 1/8" gap between my TC and FP, and i know for a fact it was seated all the way, i have no idea what would have caused it. But i guess we'll find out what went wrong when Tom gets it.

Looks sweet Brandon when did you take those? Me and my fiancé are gonna take a vacation up there pretty soon I hope.

Yeah man. You'd love it up here. I saw Moose, Caribou, and Bison on this trip. You'll have to come up and fill a few tags. My dad is a taxidermist here in town. He'll make ya some cool stuff and ship it out to your house in florida. Haha you know you want an 8ft Grizzly rug :happy:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Man you know I would lol. The pics are great bro. Hopefully it's something simple. I'm gonna hope to come up there later this year or early next. I'd like to be able to go out and take a deep breath of cool air lol.

Thanks guys. Yeah. The truck was SUPER dusty from going down that dirt road. Luckily the pics didn't show it. Yeah Jason. You got my number. Let me know when you're comin up. Haha you wanna take a deep breathe of -50? You're lungs will collapse. Lol. But yeah. The air quality is pretty awesome up here. Especially in remote locations. The glaciers cause cool downdrafts and it feels awesome. I went out and checked the fluid after it'd been sitting awhile. It was high as it should be. Fired it up and checked the fluid again. It sucked it right down to the cold hash marks. But ill have to check fluid pressure before i can verify the pump is good/bad. Haha with my luck ill pull the trans, get it fixed, put it back and within 25 miles my Tcase will explode. Haha. It's always something. I haven't even been able to put summer tires on it yet.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Haha well the 65E was built for 700hp700tq. All the parts are in my sig. I bought the remedies to all the know failures, beefed up everything I could, and it lasted 250 easy highway miles. I still haven't gone WOT. The pump works, and I have park so I guess that rules out the Tcase. Something snapped. Just gotta find out what. So ill be pulling it tomorrow. Yeah. Tom built it. I'm sure it'll be an easy fix, just getting tired of trans R&I. Haha. It gets old.

Haha well the 65E was built for 700hp700tq. All the parts are in my sig. I bought the remedies to all the know failures, beefed up everything I could, and it lasted 250 easy highway miles. I still haven't gone WOT. The pump works, and I have park so I guess that rules out the Tcase. Something snapped. Just gotta find out what. So ill be pulling it tomorrow. Yeah. Tom built it. I'm sure it'll be an easy fix, just getting tired of trans R&I. Haha. It gets old.

Does Tom have a shop or something or is it kinda a Buddy's buddy kinda gig? Just curious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2