Exhaust question

KoTToN

Nope, the SS tip is designed for the passenger side only, if you look at it, it is slash cut making it unable for you to do. I thought about doing the same thing back when I first got my SS, but soon relized this. If you have the ability to fab up a match for the drivers side I know you could sale it to people on this site. If you do want to do the dual three inch exhaust, the dual 2 1/2" in and dual 3" out will work.

Nope, the SS tip is designed for the passenger side only, if you look at it, it is slash cut making it unable for you to do.  I thought about doing the same thing back when I first got my SS, but soon relized this.  If you have the ability to fab up a match for the drivers side I know you could sale it to people on this site.  If you do want to do the dual three inch exhaust, the dual 2 1/2" in and dual 3" out will work.

Ahh that sucks because with those tips on both sides it would look good. I wish I had the ability to fab one up because I would be all for making them for people on here. I guess Ill just find a tip that looks similar. Thanks for the help.

Since I have my stock exhaust sitting on the garage floor, I went and checked with some calipers.

Inlet side of the muffler has 2-3/4 inch outside diameter pipes. Outlet side of muffler has 3 inch outside diameter pipes that quickly Y into a single 3-1/2 inch outside diameter pipe.

Nice I like that setup,  so if I wanted to get a better flwoing muffler but keep the sound down which one would I be looking it.  I want more performance than sound.

Flowmasters gave the performance that I was looking for, but also I love sound with a little of resonance. So if you are looking for a quiet muffler flowmaster is not the one you are looking for. Once I installed my headers it got a different one more like rumble now. But like i said i like the sound. Maybe you ought to try Corsa very pricey$$ but I heard they are less noisy. Good luck!

:seeya:

Archived