Silverado on Craigslist, would it be worth getting?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/3821315328.html

Found this on craigslist. Hope I am posting this in the right thread topic. Anyway just thought about possibly getting this pickup, but want to ask for some opinions as to whether or not this would be worth getting. Not a SS, but it has the look of one though. I am not real big on it however it appealed to me though sort of. I would rather get a Intimidator SS but just to have something like an SS for now would be cool. Check it out and let me know what you all think please. I would appreciate it very much. Hope the link works.

Edited by 2006 Intimidator SS (see edit history)

Yeah the SS Intimidator is hard to find. I really want to get one, but all of the Intimidator Silverado SS trucks I find are located so far away from where I live. I wish I could pick one up with my flatbed trailer, but my company will not allow me to do that since the truck will pretty much take up all the space on the trailer and since I would be so far away from home, they wouldn't be able to find me a small load to fit on the flatbed trailer with the Silverado SS on there too, that will bring me towards home where I could drop off the SS.

I kind of thought that this would be kind of cool to get however I just not real big on the thought that it's not a SS. It's just a plain Silverado pickup with SS front bumper cover and SS wheels. It would be a cool clone project but I know that would take a lot to do. Even if I was to get it, I wouldn't have to find the Intimidator emblems and parts. I would just find plain Silverado SS parts to make it a clone. But not sure if I want another project on my hands. If I buy an SS I just have to find and get the Intimidstor SS. I really like that one.

Because the Intimidator SS is the one that seems to stand out the most to me. I like all the Silverado SS trucks, but the Intimidator is semms to be my favorite. I asked about it a while back. I asked what the difference was between the Intimidator Silverado SS and a 2006 Silverado SS. I like the 2006 model year best although I know they were two wheel drive, but that don't matter to me because I am not going to be doing any Baja offroading with it. I live in western wisconsin and we do get snow and the road salt on the roads during the winter. But through the winter months, I would be parking my SS and not driving it on the salt covered roads. I just could not bare to let road salt eat away at the body of it and create rust holes. My 1995 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 has already taken an abuse from all of the winters I have driven it in. The road salt has caused quite a bit of rusted out metal on the body. It disappoints me, but I still continue to keep fixing the car just to keep it on the road, mainly because its my only vehicle I got right now. Hence the reason why I would like to have a pickup truck to drive when I need it and for when my car has to go to repair shop. This is just me...I am rambling on about something off topic. Sorry

I've got a 2003 REAL SS listed for $11200 with a brand new set of tires on it, lightly modded and I'm willing to deal on the price alittle... You can find 2003-2004 REAL SS trucks in the $9-12k range with 150k plus miles on them if you look hard, some of them are still in good shape. Regardless of my truck for sale, I would pass on the truck you posted, It would take alot to make that appealing to me...

Yeah I get what you guys are all saying. I guess I will put it off. As for buying an SS, I just can't afford to spend that much right now. I have to get my loan paid off with my credit Union first and then save up for a down payment on a loan of that amount $10,000 or more. Besides I tried calling the phone number provided and got no answer or call back. So I don't think this will even follow through for anyone.

Edited by 2006 Intimidator SS (see edit history)

Have you asked your boss what they would charge you to consider an SS you bought a load for a return trip?

There used to be a business, (Nation wide if I remember right), that would link up a driver with you vehicle and drive it wherever it needed to go.

Can't remember what that group was called though.

Their is a DEI SS f/s in MA that you could purchase. I am interested but also tied with a project with a company that involves a completely stock truck (which my truck is but the DEI f/s isn't). You would have a win-win situation with the light mods it has (dynatech lt's and corsa sport) and a somewhat new tranny (which was replaced, you need to read the f/s thread) and you could have your DEI SS around 400hp. Just hope this helps, I did not look at the thread you posted yet. But know your looking for an Intimidator.

Say something next time your around! We could have had you in your ride if you approved of it!

I am supposed to go see it, health pending, PM me if your serious as I have had my truck since 32k miles and it would be hard to part with awd to rwd, but only for a dei ss or srt-10 ram nite runner would I do so.