Fuel delivery issues with p1sc

So Ive got the Procharger installed and am running about 9lbs. of boost with 42lbs. injectors and I have a 2003 SSS with the return style fuel system. I spoke with prochargers tech help and was told that I didn't need a higher flow in tank pump and that the return system would push plenty. Nowif I'm running at 3/4 to a full tank of gas pressure is great but at a half tank or less if I really step into the throttle I flash my CEL. Threw a code reader on and it says both banks have ran lean, my fuel pressure gauge and AFR gauge don't show it though. Question is would the fuel pump fix this and can I just run a high pressure in line pump to piggy back off the existing in tank? Also could it be that the injectors aren't big enough to handle the boost?

Zippy did my tune and it Runs great, just don't know why the code flashed when fuel is low in the gas tank. Doesn't seem sluggish or rough running but it still shows the CEL and like I said it won't if I have a full tank of gas.

I bought a p1sc kit back in 2004. The kit included an auxiliary in-line pump & a fuel management unit {fmu}. I trashed the fmu & installed 8.1 Delphi Marine injectors along with a BlackBear tune = Runs Great.

Yeah in 2004 chevy went to the returnless system that doesn't send enough pressure to the fuel rail which is why that kit includes an auxiliary inline back up. The 03 (return style) has a lot more fuel delivery and that's why the 03 and earlier kits didn't come with a pump. I'm figuring since I pullied down for extra boost I need the inline to back it up was just looking for someone else that had the issue or did the install to see if that was the cause. Don't want to waste $100 on an inline if that's not the problem.

so you have the stock fuel pump in the tank and you added a fuel pump inline ? you also said you have a fuel pressure gauge , so it doesnt show a drop in fuel pressure ? if its not showing a drop in presser i would ask zippy what your injector duty cycle is. but its weird that it only happens when you below half tank.i would guess your loosing fuel pressure.

I only have the in tank, no inline yet that is what I'm debating, should I go ahead and pick up a high pressure inline to piggy back the in tank. Get the extra fuel pressure and relieve some strain on the in tank. And the fuel pressure and air fuel ratio gauges don't show any significant drop in fuel delivery wether the fuel tank is full or empty. Just trips the CEL when tanks low and says it's run lean when I floor it with a low fuel level.

Just the stock pump, like I said in my earlier post I was informed by prochargers tech support that with my truck being the 03 and still having the return style fuel system a higher flowing in tank pump was unnessisary. That's why I was looking into an in line just to basically support the in tank my fuel pressure gauge runs steady at 55 even when I've made hard passes at the track. Figured I'd go with a trick flow in line which rates at 80 or the comparable walbro in line just to make sure I'm running more than I need.

kinda a hard one to call but i would get the tank down to where its does it and keep a real close eye on the fuel pressure since thats the only thing that makes sense. ive never ran a inline b4 but a single walbro in the tank did me good for a long time.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

You need a higher capacity pump than the stocker. I installed a walbro 255. Also when I installed my procharger, I bought the Tuner kit cause they told me my #42 injectors i already had installed were big enough and they were not. I had to go to #60s. Im running more boost though (12psi). Just some food for thought.

Edited by thomp62301 (see edit history)

Yes it's an AEM wideband 02, it's mounted pre Y pipe on the driver side bank but I hooked up my scan tool and it read both banks had ran lean. On idle and normal driving the O2 reads 14.7-15. And drops into the 13's when the truck is floored.