Fuel delivery issues with p1sc

Call me when you get time. There is certainly a problem there. Are you getting a maf code along with the lean code? What injectors are you running. When you sent me the info for your blower you weren't sure and said they were 42's with what you described as the EV1 connector. Have you checked to see if you have an air leak between the maf and the throttle body. Where in the system did you mount the blowoff valve? Something is way off. You should be seeing 14.5-15.0 on the wideband at an idle and cruise with fuel trims of + or - 3 and wide open afr of 11.4-11.8. If you are any leaner than 12.0 don't get on it until this is fixed.

14's are even Worst!!!!! Don't drive it hard at all! You will destroy a motor with that A/F ratio under boost. Just listen to zippy, get him all the info and follow his instructions and I'm sure it will run great when he's finished.

Yeah in 2004 chevy went to the returnless system that doesn't send enough pressure to the fuel rail which is why that kit includes an auxiliary inline back up. The 03 (return style) has a lot more fuel delivery and that's why the 03 and earlier kits didn't come with a pump. I'm figuring since I pullied down for extra boost I need the inline to back it up was just looking for someone else that had the issue or did the install t\o see if that was the cause. Don't want to waste $100 on an inline if that's not the problem.

You have this backwards... the 03 trucks and down, can run the auxilary inline pump because they have a FPR at the fuel rails, not in the tank, therefore the inline pump can increase FP and the regulator will controll the excess and maintain the correct fuel pressure. 04 and newer truck with the returnless system can not do this, if you do, there would be no way of controlling the fuel pressure at the fuel rails since the inline pump would dead head fuel at the max pressure it can provide. THis is why 04 and newer truck must do the intank upgrade and not the inline.

• 1 month later...

Any update here? I had the same issue not too long ago. I installed an Aeromotive 340 lph pump, and about 3 weeks later I slowly started to experience a starting/long cranking problem. I had been doing logs with zippy every other day or so, slowly dialing in fuel trims. We were getting closer and closer and then all of a sudden, one of my logs for zippy was lean all across the board. Rather than seeing 11.5ish at heavy accel, I was seeing 13.5... I had a feeling the starting problem and lean problem were related. So after a quick fuel pressure test at the rail, I saw there was a leak somewhere. I'd turn the key to prime the fuel system and I'd get 10psi and it'd drop. Try again and get 20psi and it'd drop. Try cranking for 5seconds or so and it'd fire and idle around 40psi. I knew there was a leak somewhere, but there was no fuel smell or puddles on the ground. I dropped the gas tank and found that the 5" rubber hose from the pump to the top of the bucket had rotted away. The hose in the kit was a gas line, but wasnt a "submersible" safe gas line. So the fuel ate holes in the rubber. After a quick change to gates submersible rubber hose and some Corbin clamps, I was good to go. Starts quick and felt more responsive than ever. :thumbs:

I talked to zippy, was a ton of help and gave me lots of info. I installed a Walbro high pressure in line external pump and had a retune done on the PCM. Runs a lot richer but at wide open throttle still hit the afr at 12.0-12.2 and the duty cycle on the injectors is to the max with the 42lbs. Im running, so I spoke with zippy again and were thinking that the fuel injectors aren't producing enough fuel to keep up with the procharger. Im in the process of upgrading to the Siemens deka 60lbs. and another retune from zippy. Should fix the issue I'll post with updates once the swap is done.

Okay. thanks for the update. That would make sense why you go lean but dont drop fuel pressure. Injectors are maxed. Im sure those 60#s will do the trick. And you can sell the 42#s to offset the cost. Thats what i did! :thumbs:

So was the "it only happens under half a tank" a coincidence?

Yeah just happened to flash the CEL at roughly the same amount of gas in the tank the first two times it happened. I filled the tank all the way after talking to zippy the first time and went out to test and it immediately came on again, so it wasnt and issue with the fuel In the tank. I just added the external pump to be extra safe, reassurance is always a good feeling. It did bump the fuel pressure a couple pounds at WOT and that's always a plus as well.