Ticket for Tint

WantaSSS

Hey all-

I just received a ticket for my window tint. It registered at 14 percent according to his meter. In minnesota I know the law is 50 percent on fronts for trucks and the back can be whatever you want. My question to you all is - Can a cop pull me over for just the tint alone? He said he pulled me over for the window tint . BTW the ticket is $135 :uhoh:

Yes its considered a moving violation and most cops will use the tint method to stop you and find other violations, I have learned to follow the tint regulations less hassle in the future and more money stays in my pocket.

Agreed, Any cop can pull you over for tint as it is a life safety issue for them. Best bet is to take a pic of a vehicle like yours with no tint and bring it into court, they might drop it if they think you took the tint off.

Yeap correct. I've got my share of tinted window tickets. Prob 6 since I started driving. But I like tinted windows so I just pay it and go on. They like giving them easy money. People usually pay it and don't fight it.

Got my fair share of tint violations also. Every car I've owned has always had 5% around and full windshield 30%. I hate riding in vehicles without tint. Can't pick my nose when I want. Kidding.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Damn that sux bro im just south of you in IA ive gotten more than my fair share but looks to good to take off 135 is pretty normal iv had to pay anywhere from 90 to 315 was the highest Ive been lucky and only got 1 ticket since ive had the ss

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Best bet is to take a pic of a vehicle like yours with no tint and bring it into court, they might drop it if they think you took the tint off.

here it's a fix-it ticket. you can have the ticket signed off AFTER repaired/fixed by a LEO, (CHP) but it will be inspected by them before they sign. best thing is just follow the law, and save your $$$

I get mine signed off so it's not a big problem for me. But they can be a pain in the ass! Personally I would keep the tint for the looks if you don't mind going through the whole ticket and court thing every now and then.

here it's a fix-it ticket. you can have the ticket signed off AFTER repaired/fixed by a LEO, (CHP) but it will be inspected by them before they sign. best thing is just follow the law, and save your $$$

It's the same way here in AZ. I've had to take the truck down to a police station and have it inspected and signed off. Then I go home and retint. LOL

Agreed, Any cop can pull you over for tint as it is a life safety issue for them. Best bet is to take a pic of a vehicle like yours with no tint and bring it into court, they might drop it if they think you took the tint off.

"BEST BET" Wow, you really recommend someone commit the crime of Perjury for a equipment ticket???!!! I have been directed by the judge to go out into the parking lot and verify that the violation has in fact been corrected....Is it worth going to jail over??!!