Ticket for Tint

WantaSSS

As i have said many times before. I do not feel for anyone who is complaining about getting a ticket for illegal tint. You knew it when you put it on or when you purchased the vehicle that the tint was too dark. Its the risk you take doing something illegal

Wow bummer. I have never once in my life been pulled over for to dark of tint. I won't run anything lighter than 5% tint on all my side windows and rear window. I guess here they just don't care to much. I run a 14" visor strip down my front windshield and run it dark as well. Never been bugged once. I was since pulled over for speeding and he said your tint it dark and the visor strip is well past the 4" limit. But that's all he said no warning or ticket for it. All he was saying is how nice the SS was but to keep it at the speed limit. My Buddy's have been pulled over for it and just get warnings. They just tell the officer they bought the vehicle that way.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

"BEST BET" Wow, you really recommend someone commit the crime of Perjury for a equipment ticket???!!! I have been directed by the judge to go out into the parking lot and verify that the violation has in fact been corrected....Is it worth going to jail over??!!

Come on Ray ... Don't you know FREE Legal Advice is better then NO Legal Advice ... :crackup:

How have you been Ray??? Long time no see ... :thumbs: ... hope all is going great for you ...

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Come on Ray ... Don't you know FREE Legal Advice is better then NO Legal Advice ... :crackup:

How have you been Ray??? Long time no see ... :thumbs: ... hope all is going great for you ...

Hey Shuan! You're right and with FREE...you get what you pay for it! :laugh:

just to be clear I am not complaining about the ticket for the tint just thought they couldnt only pull me over for just tint. Just think with all that goes on in my town you think they could bust someone else like the meth heads running around... Rant over sorry haha I think ill just pay it and leave the tint on. Ronboy thanks for the offer!

just to be clear I am not complaining about the ticket for the tint just thought they couldnt only pull me over for just tint. Just think with all that goes on in my town you think they could bust someone else like the meth heads running around... Rant over sorry haha I think ill just pay it and leave the tint on. Ronboy thanks for the offer!

Maybe they thought you were a Meth Head with Tint ... ???

There are many aspects to Law Enforcement. Yes Narcotics is one of them, so isn't Traffic/Motor Vehicle law ... Guess we know what duty your officer was assigned to that day ... Secondly, I've personally have gotten a lot of Drugs out of motor vehicle stops.

I just love threads like this ... Your doing something wrong and got caught. So now you're trying to find out if they way you got caught was "Legal" (Which it was). So of course you suggest that the Police should have something better to do, besides catch you for Window Tint ...

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Maybe they thought you were a Meth Head with Tint ... ???

There are many aspects to Law Enforcement. Yes Narcotics is one of them, so isn't Traffic/Motor Vehicle law ... Guess we know what duty your officer was assigned to that day ... Secondly, I've personally have gotten a lot of Drugs out of motor vehicle stops.

I just love threads like this ... Your doing something wrong and got caught. So now you're trying to find out if they way you got caught was "Legal" (Which it was). So of course you suggest that the Police should have something better to do, besides catch you for Window Tint ...

Yep I know I am wrong ... I think there are plenty people that have the same type of opinion on this site whether it be speeding ticket or tint or whatever small thing. Just doing a little venting. I only drive the truck on weekends so when I got a ticket on friday I was like wth., I was pretty suprised I didnt get a warning. I have never been stopped for anthing in my truck or stopped by that officer before. I was very polite and made no comment about finding other things to do to the officer. I am sorry if you think I dont or didint respect the officer. Just as a curious person was wondering if they can pull you over for just tint. If they can then no problem. I realize you probably hear that all the time.

Yes its considered a moving violation and most cops will use the tint method to stop you and find other violations, I have learned to follow the tint regulations less hassle in the future and more money stays in my pocket.

In minnesota it is not considered a moving violation but a defective equipment violation... I have had two window tint violations in two years for 20% and just got sick of paying $135 a pop every year... The last ticket I got was from a fellow former Marine and he said their is a 3-4% flex in window tint, and MN is 50% so I had my windows redone at 47% and it is way better than stock. Their reason for pulling me over was always my exhaust but it always passed the 3000rpm test... LOL