How to get the most hp out of my 2006 ss silverado 6.0 2wd

06-super-sport

Hello I'm trying to get the most go out of my 2006 ss silverado 2wd 6.0 vortech maxx I have a air rid intake system with a k&n filter and I still got my cats but no muffler it's just so I really need some help to get my truck back in to shape could any one help me I like to know Which programmer which set of headers what type of the Exhaust system what type of intake system should I use throttlebody spacer so what can you guys suggest that I can do to help out my truck

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ...loaded question lol Welcome to the site Paul. Opinions on the upgrades your asking about will vary from person to person. Forget the hand held programers and get yourself a tune from one of the vendors on here. Zippy, Blackbear or Wheatly... Longtube headers such as ARH, Kooks, pacesetters, and OBX are all pretty popular here. As far as the exhaust goes the stock pipes you have flow really well, find yourself a dual in dual out muffler you like... I've had the magnaflow when I first bought the truck and I liked it... I now have the corsa catback,,, sounds good but at the power level I'm running it sounds raspy at wide open throttle. Forget the throttle body spacer ...waste of money... search through the bolt on section, bulid section etc, and there is a world of info you can read about in the millions of post that have been made about the stuff you have asked about. Good luck and hide your wallet... the mod bug bites really hard here on SSS.com :happy:

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

Welcome! Like stated above, long tubes, and a tune will be your best bang for buck, I have Arh's and love them worth every cent in my opinion, I would do a full cat back as well. Mines 3" from the headers back with cats and a 3" di do magnaflow.

Happy modding

No throttle body spacer save your money on that it will do nothing, headers lots of good ones IMO best bang for the buck is the pacesetters, exhaust lots of good systems, also you need to find the one that has the sound you want, but the SS has a good set up under it already you can just replace the muffler with a good free flowing one and call it good, programmer well if you want the best performance for your money get a tune Wheatley, zippy, Blackbear, the programmer don't stand a chance vs a tune trust me!

Wow ...loaded question lol Welcome to the site Paul. Opinions on the upgrades your asking about will vary from person to person. Forget the hand held programers and get yourself a tune from one of the vendors on here. Zippy, Blackbear or Wheatly... Longtube headers such as ARH, Kooks, pacesetters, and OBX are all pretty popular here. As far as the exhaust goes the stock pipes you have flow really well, find yourself a dual in dual out muffler you like... I've had the magnaflow when I first bought the truck and I liked it... I now have the corsa catback,,, sounds good but at the power level I'm running it sounds raspy at wide open throttle. Forget the throttle body spacer ...waste of money... search through the bolt on section, bulid section etc, and there is a world of info you can read about in the millions of post that have been made about the stuff you have asked about. Good luck and hide your wallet... the mod bug bites really hard here on SSS.com :happy:

couldn't of said it much better lol

X3 this I'd great advise.

Don't buy a handheld programmer. The only way you'll make the truck "fast" is with some boost. Do some reading on turbos and superchargers to decide which is best for you. You won't be able to do anything else to the motor to be that fast unless you wanna spray nitrous.

Don't buy a handheld programmer. The only way you'll make the truck "fast" is with some boost. Do some reading on turbos and superchargers to decide which is best for you. You won't be able to do anything else to the motor to be that fast unless you wanna spray nitrous.

What do you define as fast. The top na truck ran a 12.14. Na can be plenty fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

x100000000000000000000000000000000000

this and forget about everything else , BOOOOST!