Custom Hood

Mrrat1SS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If IEC there was a switch on the chevelles gas peddle that when the go peddle was at a certain point the switch would send a signal to a switch on the flapper door to open.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

i thought the flappers were vacuum actuated?

Actually they might be both it has been a while since I looked into it but yes there is a vacuum pot on the hood and I do know of a switch on the gas pedal too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Kissfan is correct, vac pod on hood & switch at pedal.

I am gonna try to eliminate the vacuum pod and try to use an electric mtr on the flapper that will run off the gas pedal.

Kissfan is correct, vac pod on hood & switch at pedal.

I am gonna try to eliminate the vacuum pod and try to use an electric mtr on the flapper that will run off the gas pedal.

vacuum actuator will work faster than an electric motor unless you use a TB to actuate it, and it will be very hard to do with a TB

• 1 month later...

hoods 99% done!

Functionality is not complete tho :(

Truck is at body shop getting painted, going 2-tone. A silver on top of Arrival blue.

I want to do a little something in the area between the colors, strip combo, or ???

Any ideas??

• 1 month later...

have had some progress.......body work is done goin in for primer. A couple test silvers on the old hood, not the final paint scheme just for comparison purposes. I like the orange as a break color but need a couple more, was thinking of getting black in there as I'm blacking out the grey grilles, and might use black on SS emblems unless I have them air brushed on instead.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Mrrat1SSJ/library/?sort=3&page=1#/user/Mrrat1SSJ/library/?sort=3&page=1&_suid=137961357906409010502123302566

In the latest Street Trucker the step side w/caddy front is the kind of side strip I'm leaning towards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hood is in color, bed is off. Cab is in the booth!

Surprised how much surface rust is on the frame.

The fuel pump top and retainer ring was rusted very bad. Scale rust falling off to the touch.

Replaced the pump, retainer ring & sender assembly while it was easy to get at it.

Have the GM carpet liner for the bed, looks like a nice addition. Much better than a plastic liner.