Custom Hood

Mrrat1SS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the latest pics in my bucket on 2nd page.

painting the door jams today or tomorrow, then striper has to do his thing. It should be together by middle of next week.

They worked on the hood on & off for 18 months, have had the truck since 1st week in August.

Terribly anxious to get behind the wheel.............

I always had the idea of Buying the carbon fiber insert from the new Zl1 camaro' and get a steel cowl hood and make a 1 off design! Now that would be badass! Would be perfect for the one Red ss somewhere on this forum that had the lsx 427! The owners son I believe is on here. I know he was selling it a few months back.

Hood looks good OP. Looks like the old Chevelle as hood scoop.

I have a 70 SS so yeah gonna have the same hood with the flapper.

Down the road hope to do a 7.0 & tranny swap when the 6 is tired.

I'm restoring a 71' Hurst SSJ but hurt my back early this summer

so I had to have something moving forward while my back has me down.

Updated pics!!

Truck is back apart! Getting wet sanded, doing jams, then back together.

Striper will be on it Monday, back together for final clear. Friday 25th is the pick up date.

Asking for opinions for wheels in the rims & rubber section, Thanks Dave

Edited by Mrrat1SS (see edit history)

have had some progress.......body work is done goin in for primer. A couple test silvers on the old hood, not the final paint scheme just for comparison purposes. I like the orange as a break color but need a couple more, was thinking of getting black in there as I'm blacking out the grey grilles, and might use black on SS emblems unless I have them air brushed on instead.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Mrrat1SSJ/library/?sort=3&page=1#/user/Mrrat1SSJ/library/?sort=3&page=1&_suid=137961357906409010502123302566

In the latest Street Trucker the step side w/caddy front is the kind of side strip I'm leaning towards.

Here ya go some reason couldn't copy & paste

have had some progress.......body work is done goin in for primer. A couple test silvers on the old hood, not the final paint scheme just for comparison purposes. I like the orange as a break color but need a couple more, was thinking of getting black in there as I'm blacking out the grey grilles, and might use black on SS emblems unless I have them air brushed on instead.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Mrrat1SSJ/library/?sort=3&page=1#/user/Mrrat1SSJ/library/?sort=3&page=1&_suid=137961357906409010502123302566

In the latest Street Trucker the step side w/caddy front is the kind of side strip I'm leaning towards.

new pics added.......for some reason can't copy & paste link to bucket anymore.

Ready on Friday!!!

Still not in the driveway......had typical stuff to fix up a couple blow outs between the colors front of bed behind cab and some little detail issues. Its all together but bumpers, & bed. Forgot to snap some pics. Just chasing my tail for a week waiting............

Back bumper has to put on mirror caps painted, stripe on grill taken off, switch for flapper installed in dash.

Have to hit the photo bucket link in post above for latest pics!

Edited by Mrrat1SS (see edit history)

All Done, came out very nice. They detailed the frame under the bed, stripes go all around cab and continue inside of doors.

Tinted the tail lenses blue also. Have to go back in 90 days for a couple boogers after clear gets hard.