Looking for one of those replica iss wings.

hanly2

Can someone point me in the direction of a good seller. Also do I need to drill holes in the outside of the bed to install this? I already had the stock black bolt on wing, and I bought the street scenes one but the tape it came with is garbage and now I think I want the iss one instead.

Thanks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have great luck with the replicas. Message CMONEY and talk to him about them. Him and others have installed them and they look great. Alan was under the impression they were paint and install with no prep work, and was a little upset when he found out thats not the case. They take some sanding and prep to make them fit perfect, but look awesome when they are done. IF you can find an OEM for cheap, go for it. But the reps are much cheaper and look damn good.

Has the person even posted on here who sells the fake wings since he was caught red handed? Only came here to make money :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

IMHO, save your money and get the real deal and save yourself the frustration.

Has the person even posted on here who sells the fake wings since he was caught red handed? Only came here to make money :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

IMHO, save your money and get the real deal and save yourself the frustration.

he never even posted a sale thread... He came to defend himself and help explain/help with issues.

Its not like he tried to trick people into buying a "fake" wing. Hes providing a service selling fiberglass replicas to whoever is interested. Jeeze. You guys act like he's a crook! He worked hard to provide hundreds of people these wings. Alan just didnt know what he was buying and he put the seller on blast in front of everyone when he received a replica that needed some prep work, rather than a bolt on wing like he thought. Its rediculous. He tells you that its a fiberglass replica that needs lots of sanding to fit before he sells it to you.

I will be doing the work my self, and sanding is nothing, as long as I don't have to start glassing it will be fine, I will sand it and paint it. $165 vs $500 pretty easy decision for me. I pm'ed that guy but he probably doesn't come on here, I will try other means also. Thanks for the input though.

I knew it was fiberglass wing that wasn't the problem the mounting holes were a half inch under the holes in the wing before I sent it back and after I got it back from the seller the holes were still showing under the wing showing half the hole in the tailgate and was told I was getting a new wing and not the same wing all the sanding in the world wasn't gonna make that wing fit I don't care what anyone says. I thought I was dealing with a man not a young kid It was a bad wing that if seen in person you would know right away that was not going to mount no matter how much sanding and fitting. The oem one I have now drops on and the tailgate holes are right behind the holes on the wing where there suppose to be not half a hole showing under the bottem of the wing. I'm not posting about this anymore just wanted to clear this up this was not a fitting issue the wing was bad. And for anyone who disagrees I signed on as a member to this site with my real name not a made up fake name like the seller of these wings have fun with the post boys I'm out you've been warned.