PaceSetter or OBX????

mando28

Both are a good buy for the money. OBX are stainless vs Pacesetter are mild steel but have the option of coming ceramic coated. I would probably pick the Pacesetters just because they dont have that goofy hump in the drivers side primaries but I think someone posted a while back that they fixed that issue. LPP is also another one to consider if you want to go stainless.

OBX are direct bolt on. Pacesetters will need welding and cutting. And unfortunately LPP doesn't have anymore for 99-06:( unless you can find a used set or a new set on ebay.

Is there a performance difference between bolt on and welding?

What's better? Or is it the same?

Not IMO, just make sure your welder utilizes your true dual stock setup. I have never understood why some people go from a true dual to a Y with single exit pipe. The OBX directly bolt up to your OEM dual exit pipes and allow you to utilize your OEM exhaust setup.The Pacesetters will need a muffler shop to cut and bend and weld in some connector pipes. The LPPs are sold as a set with a Y pipe meaning you would have to delete your OEM true dual exit pipes to utilize their kit or just have a welder fab them in and make them work.

Comes down to in the end how much you want to spend, what quality you are looking for and whats needed after install. If and when I got LTs I'm going OBX because for me I'd rather buy a lower quality to install at home and be done. No muffler shops, driving open header etc. Now some guys want the best quality ie: ARH and have $ to spend fabbing piping.

IMHO an LT is an LT as far as performance, now as far as quality you get wat you pay for. Many here are satisfied with OBX and have been running them a long time. Kind of loaded question and reply so let me have it guys hahaha.

I think this a question of climate... Salt or anything of a corroding nature OBX. Jason doesn't have a problem with his pacesetters, but he's in Florida. OP is in Vegas, low humidity and high temp, should be good with pacesetter.

I just bought some OBX headers yesterday for $530 shipped - http://www.racingpartdepot.com/servlet/the-3644/OBX-Exhaust-Headers-99-dsh-05/Detail

I'm in MI, so I wanted stainless steel, which ruled the Pacesetters out. I also looked at the TSP set, but I wanted a bolt-in set without having to go somewhere and get something fabbed up, which just increases the cost.

The OBX still have the odd hump in them, but it's supposedly easily fixed by zip tying the spark plug wire away from it.

Obx is 1.75 primary with 2.5 collector.

Pacesetter is 1.75 primary with 3 collector

Arh can have 1.75 or 1.875 primary with 3 collector.

I'm not saying either of us don't want larger headers for our trucks at this point, but I'm running 504 at the wheels through the obx and my buddy joe is running 545 at the wheels from his ls7 through the obx. And they're bolt on stainless headers for less then what $500. They seem to work out well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Obx is 1.75 primary with 2.5 collector.

Pacesetter is 1.75 primary with 3 collector

Arh can have 1.75 or 1.875 primary with 3 collector.

I'm not saying either of us don't want larger headers for our trucks at this point, but I'm running 504 at the wheels through the obx and my buddy joe is running 545 at the wheels from his ls7 through the obx. And they're bolt on stainless headers for less then what $500. They seem to work out well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Most likely I'm going to go with obx

But I'm still thinking about the arh

I ran the obx for over 3 years never had a problem other then the back 2 plug wires burning on the hump on the driver side but after I fixed that I never had a problem. They fit great with no problems and are a true bolt on no modifications needed header. the day I took them off they look almost as good as the day I put them on. IMO there is no better LT out there under $1000 bucks.