True dual exhaust

Guero005

Hey guys so there's probably another thread on this somewhere that I can't find but. I have a true dual exhaust system on my 03 SSS. I have magnaflow high flow cats along with magna flow 14" mufflers. A few buddies of mine are saying I should add an x pipe to my system. Will that make a difference in sound? Along with better flow for my exhaust thanks in advance!

Truck came factory dual exhaust. Check into your muffler cause itmight have a built in x pipe. Don't listen to your buddies unless they are certified gear heads. Put your money into headers next! Oh wait that is if you have one muffler, dual in dual out. Or do you have two mufflers?

Edited by THATGUYCRUZ (see edit history)

Truck came factory dual exhaust. Check into your muffler cause itmight have a built in x pipe. Don't listen to your buddies unless they are certified gear heads. Put your money into headers next! Oh wait that is if you have one muffler, dual in dual out. Or do you have two mufflers?

I was told when the truck came out of assembly line it had one muffler with dual in one out. I bought the truck at 74k and it had true dual 2 flow pro mufflers and the left and right exhaust piping never connected. I now have the magna flows as I mentioned. 2 mufflers 2 HFcats and 2 separate pipes. They run along side each other but they never join.

Ok I gotcha. Yeah from what I've read an x pipe would help you in tht case, but I can't say that from experience. Just what I've read. Keep searching and you will find the threads talking about this topic.

Sounds good. Will do thank you.

Mine has x-pipe and basically everything your talking about just no cats mean sound

My buddy has same set up as me but his cats are really small he's got a mean sound with a rasp kinda disappointed that mine didn't sound like his after I out mine on.

Yes a X Pipe does have benefits. It will allow the exhaust to scavenge between both exhaust banks for better flow.

So is it worth it to put an x pipe on

Yes it is worth it... You buy just the X from jegs, summit etc....

how far down the stream is the best place to put the x pipe? I have the pipe just not welded up yet... Anywhere before muffler? closer to the headers?

Sounds good looks like I need to invest in an x pipe then

I have read that an X-pipe will also equalize backpressure, as far as placement, I am not very sure. I remember looking through Will's rcsb build and he took a pic of his exhaust setup, take a look at it in the "builds" section pg.28 or so..