Double din

Pioneer x8500bhs or the 5500bhs are both nice.

Clarion nx-702 is also pretty legit.

Kenwood also makes a nice one.

I personally stick with pioneer. Only because I know the menus and they work very good. The clarion was extremely tempting though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have the Pioneer Z110BT. I am mostly happy with it other than the navigation sucks. I saw that the newer Pioneer units are getting horrible reviews. If I were buying another one I would be buying a Kenwood unit.

People have told me that pioneer has one of the best navs on the market. What did you read that's so bad about them? I just junked my 8400 and got a 8500 for android support. Something that not many head units have.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

When I bough my Z110BT around 2010 I had to decide between the Kenwood and the Pioneer. The pioneer had a better user interface but lousy GPS. The Kenwood had a much better GPS system (Garmin) but a lousy user interface. I went with the Pioneer based on the better user interface. The GPS will get you there but it is very clumsy and difficult to use. After about a month, I stopped using the GPS all together on the Pioneer and use my $150 Garmin or iPhone. The points of interest simply suck. My $1,200 "flagship" receiver is only used for iPhone/bluetooth and the radio. It is hacked and can play DVD's but I never use it for that.

I had a friend ask me yesterday to find a navigation double din receiver for his truck. I began researching (Crutchfield is where I always start) the new models. The new Pioneer Z140BH was on clearance for $750 from $1,200. ($450 price break). That was a red flag for me. I read through the user reviews and everybody complained about the navigation (no surprise there from the unit I currently have) but there were more and more complaints about the user interface and how difficult it is to use, specifically while driving. After reading and then playing around with the Pioneer in my truck I can see what they are complaining about. Things I have learned to live with and have overlooked on my Pioneer are still being complained about. Small example: On XM, only the left have of the screen is utilized. The right half of the screen is just blank and black... why? There is not enough room to display all the station/artist/song info on one side... why not use the whole 7" screen?

My buddy just had the new Kenwood put in his truck and after using that reciever, I would be buying a Kenwood. Their GPS is still very good (Garmin) and they have fixed their user interface making it much easier to use than the Pioneer. The Pioneer sounds good and I don't regret my purchase but if I were buying now, Kenwood would be going in my truck.

cool thanks for the input, i have always liked alpine but i have seen alot of negative reviews on some of then. and GPS isnt really all that inportant to me anyway now that google maps is on my phone. so i will mainly use it for pandora and the occasional cd or movie.