500 miles and 1st Problem With SS ??

rmcswain

500 miles and the check engine light is on!!!! :nonod: Grabbed the manual and read 2 reasons it could be on. 1) Poor fuel, I don't think thats the case as I put in 93 octane. 2) Fuel cap once fueled must be turned to the right until you hear a clicking noise, I DIDN'T do this. So I went out and turned till I heard clicking noise. Will see if this corrects problem. :D If not in to the dealer she goes. :sigh: Anyone one else had this small problem :confused:

500 miles and the check engine light is on!!!! :nonod: Grabbed the manual and read 2 reasons it could be on. 1) Poor fuel, I don't think thats the case as I put in 93 octane. 2) Fuel cap once fueled must be turned to the right until you hear a clicking noise, I DIDN'T do this. So I went out and turned till I heard clicking noise. Will see if this corrects problem. :D If not in to the dealer she goes. :sigh: Anyone one else had this small problem :confused:

You can fix it yourself... Disconnect the battery or their is another sequence of button pushing that works too... I just don't know what it is.. Also make sure you shut the engine off while fueling.

Good Luck.. :seeya:

[You can fix it yourself... Disconnect the battery or their is another sequence of button pushing that works too... I just don't know what it is.. Also make sure you shut the engine off while fueling.

Good Luck..

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!! Tightening the gas cap down caused the "Check Engine Light" to go OFF! :D Took about 2 miles driving to go OFF. Now if it will just STAY OFF everything will be just fine :thumbs: So guys tighten those gas caps till you hear them CLICKING. I've learned a simple lesson ;) Sometimes, I guess you have to be SMARTER than the Truck! :lol:

My 200 Silverado, when the "Check Engin" light came on. All you have to do is turn your key to the ON position and then step on the brake 4 or 5 times. Then the light goes out. Just like pushing the Dome Overide button three times turns off your daytime running lamps. You will hear a bell once you push the button the third time.

My 200 Silverado, when the "Check Engin" light came on. All you have to do is turn your key to the ON position and then step on the brake 4 or 5 times. Then the light goes out. Just like pushing the Dome Overide button three times turns off your daytime running lamps. You will hear a bell once you push the button the third time.

Thanks 1chevy ss---------I'll remember that for a possible future reference :cheers: Thanks again.

don't bitch at him for your mistake as he was only being funny. missing the key is one thing, not correcting it is another. as for the service engine soon light, i'm not sure if any of you realize it, but shutting the light off manually doesn't fix it. if the light came on, it was likely a good reason. just drive it and see if it goes off. if after a few days it don't, bring it in. that's what the warranty is for.

Wow!!! they made Silverados back in the 200's???

Yeah dcairns isn't that the picture that goes to the left of the one with you and your 64' Impala. The caption would read "Me and my brand new Silverado circa 200." :lol:

I'm sorry I had to do it! I work with older gentlemen all day long so I'm always loaded with old fart jokes. Not that your old I'm just a young punk kid if you will! Hope I didn't offend you. Although we come from a different generation we have the same great taste in trucks. :cheers:

Archived