sorry to be a pain but still need help badly!!!!!

I had forgotten about cats. If you said you keep fuel pressure when it dies out, then I would think that you know what to look for. I would double check the fuel pressure when it dies. Once it is dead, hookup your pressure gauge, and cycle the key to the on position. If you are still getting around 58 psi. Then I would be looking at the cats.

I wonder if its a bad pump. The float might be getting stuck at a certain point. It might be worth dropping the tank and checking it out. It sucks but.

On a side not i had now idea you were from the east coast!! I live in mass and will be staying at the wells resort campground this year with my wife and our son!!

Keep us posted on the truck!!

It actually wont me bad to drop the tank cause this baby is spotless from not seeing a winter till this past. I am taking the day off from work tomorrow to spend another quality day getting acquainted with her lol

Where abouts you from NoMoreSS? That campground is 5 minutes from me!

Workhorse, if it is not much to have the tank dropped I may go with your guy also as my lines may have be problematic due to certain issues. I have numerous options but you know my situation like Aldofoshow does. We will getting your truck working on the norm soon, wether its dealerhsip or your mechanic :cheers:

Can't wait to BBQ when I am done with treatment sir!

The excessively hot fuel pump relay makes me also still think pump... Bad pump= high resistance. Also, I know there is an updated fuel pump connector for a lot of these trucks so if you have the old style connector, that could be a contributing factor.

Awesome guys thanks! I will check all that today! Im sure the connector is the old style since i bought the truck with just over 100k and it now has 170k and i have not done anything except brakes and fluids. Until now this old girl has never done me wrong!

Just my .02 but 170k I personally would install a new pump just so I know I am not on "borrowed" time. Ive had 2 other trucks and they went out at around 150k.

Another thought if someone knows the "normal" amperage the pump runs at idle you can do an amp reading and see if the pump is drawing too much current. That will give you a better idea.

I brought it to a long time Friend of the family who has a kick ass scan tool. and he says crank sensors do some funky shit.. not un common for them to even shut down the PCM for the split second of it having its fit so wouldn't throw a code

I've heard a lot of mixed messages about that also some say no big deal others say it is.... trust me though if i hadn't just dumped so much in this rig the last couple days i would be replacing it now since i put about 200mi a day on the ol girl. Lol

Thanks again fellas