Samsung Galaxy S III - Or similar

Hey All ...

I have to buy my cell phones outright, in order to keep my Unlimited Data from Verizon Wireless.

I have an HTC Rezound right now, but It is destroyed. It took me only 6 months to drop it and break it pretty good.

I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy S III as a replacement. I know I'll probably need an Otter Box case. I know the Galaxy S4 is out, but that is too much $$$ right now, to buy it outright.

I can get a S3 for about $400.00 shipped.

Just seeing who has one, and what they think of it ... If you don't like it, any suggestions.

Thanks in Advance,

Shuan

I have an S3, excellent camera and vids. Typical frustrating touch typing pad (for me at least) cuz I have big fingers. Never can spell anything right haha. It's a good phone overall, decent battery life. Has all the extras. Pretty easy to navigate through.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Just got the Otter Box actually few days ago. It's weird, fits great but the right side on/off screen button is very hard to press. You have to smash it for it to turn your screen off/on and there's no little click feel so you never know if you actually pressed it or not.

Are you stuck on the s3 or 4? I had a htc1x and traded it in 6 days. I won't have anything other than iPhone again.

I'm open to suggestions ...

I personally don't like the Iphone or many Apple products in general. Plus almost everything I use is Android/Google based.

S4 is out of my Price range, as it is the Brand New model, I have to buy my phones outright, in order to keep my Unlimited Data.

I am just used to the HTC's, as I have had 3 of them now. I like the HTC DNA with the quad core, but the morons from Verizon who designed it did not give it a SD card slot (reg or mini) ... Seriously??? And only 16GB internal only.

I'm up to suggestions, but it has to be a Verizon (CDMA) phone. I just need reliability. I have to keep Verizon, as it is the only carrier in my area with Service.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Shaun, sounds like you were Grandfathered in when the changes took place a few years ago as was I but I was also fold that when I get a new phone I will be exempt from unlimited data.

Are you telling me that I can keep my contract if I buy my phone outright?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Shaun, sounds like you were Grandfathered in when the changes took place a few years ago as was I but I was also fold that when I get a new phone I will be exempt from unlimited data. Are you telling me that I can keep my contract if I buy my phone outright? Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yup ...

You keep your existing plan, with the Unlimited Data. So if you buy a Brand New phone off of Ebay, and just go onto the VZW website you can activate the new phone on your existing plan. You can also go to the VZW store and they will also activate it for you, free of charge. If you are to need a new LTE SIM card, the VZW store will give I to you for free, if not they are $20.00 at any Authorized VZW Dealer. But you keep your Unlimited Data. You can acutally go to a VZW store and buy the phone outright there. It will run you around $650-$800, but they will activate it for you on your existing contract.

BUT, If you are to get a new phone through VZW at the Discounted rate, you'll have to sign back up for a 2 year plan. At that point, you'll lose your Unlimited Data package and have to then by purchase blocks (4gb, 8gb, 10gb) of data for an exorbitant amount of money.

I get unlimited data at their now 4gb price.

There is a loophole in the system where you can buy a phone at the subsidized upgrade price without losing your unlimited data. Is there any other phones on your plan, and what kinda lines are they (data wise)

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Oh I definitely want to keep my unlimited data plan because I am always searching the web of using my GPS.

I actually bought my phone from Best Buy because they discount the phone where Verizon gives you a stupid gift card that you get charged on if you don't use it within a certain amount of time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

i have the galaxy note 2. sickest phone the battery is insane it lasts forever.i had a iphone 4 before and i can safely say the iphone is NOTHING compared to this. it does everything the s3 does and more but the phone itself is big.