My saga to find boost continues... any suggestions?

Also, to add a bit more information that could possibly be helpful. I can hear a loud hissing when the engine is idling and the hood is open. It couldve been there the whole time but I just noticed it after putting in the ejectors because I was really looking and listening for things.

Also, the PCV hose that comes off of the top of the engine and connects to the back side of the drivers side manifold came out when I installed the injectors a couple times. I seated it back in, but could I have lost an O-ring or something (if it even has one)?

AND to add another variable... the valve that came in the original kit was one of the cheap aluminum looking ones that they no longer supply with them. I replaced it with a black proflo surge valve about halfway through my diagnostics as I said above. On the off chance that I got a bad valve, could that be the root of all my problems? I hear it blowing off and I also hear the valve rattling when the RPM's drop.

that MAY be why you're having problems reaching boost.. MAYBE.

do you also have headers and exhaust?

i was running a 3.9 pulley, and was having trouble hitting boost, . i have full headers\exhaust\intake.. and larger cubes.

procharger told me, having the headers\exhaust\etc causes less backpressure and since it flows more, you loose boost.

try a smaller pulley, like a 3.6

Have you ever replaced or checked the gauge itself? The hissing noise could possibly a vacuum leak which would cause a lean condition. I would look into that. Get a vacuum diagram and start looking over everything.

The more I look into it and get suggestions, the more it seems like it might be some sort of vacuum leak. It looks like I'm actually getting like 3-4psi boost at WOT and 6k RPMS. Seems low, so maybe the vac leak has something to do with it?

I sprayed some soapy water on the idling engine and found that this little nipple thing behind the throttle body definitely has a bit of a leak, but I don't think it is the source of the hissing.

if8rw5.jpg

The hissing sounds like its coming from the passenger side of the engine as pictured below. (Specifically the part that looks like I sprayed it with soapy water)

zufbyq.jpg

Edited by walleyealx (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...