Subs?

Alpine R types are awesome. Just check the measurements and make sure they will fit in your box because they are pretty deep. Alpine S S types are also very good. Basically Alpine updated the R type and made it better and they slapped an S badge on an R type from just a couple years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what you listen to really. all of the names tossed out so far are very good i would add in Image dynamics for SQ or there ID MAX for a mix of SQ and dB. Also Sundown is another beefy sub. IDQ you could go sealed the idmax and the sundown would more than likely rather be ported

If your downfiring under the rear seat then you really need to take depth into consideration. After getting that small measurement that will cut your choices to some of the not so beefy subs.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

If your downfiring under the rear seat then you really need to take depth into consideration. After getting that small measurement that will cut your choices to some of the not so beefy subs.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

When I do a box in my HD I'm going with a down fire and it kinda sucks because the main subs I want (alpine R type) are too deep SK I guess I will have to go with the s types.

I love my Alpine type R. As far as a down fire box, I will never go with one again. When you start throwing bass at it all you hear is the floor pan vibrating. I ended up going with the same design as the down fire box but the sub faces up instead. The box still sits in the same position its just built backwards. It sounds alot better and you dont get any rattles or metal vibration.