CALLING ALL THOSE WITH ONLINE GM REPAIR MANUAL INFO

Looking to change the rear diff fluid in my moms 2003 corvette with automatic trans. vehicle only has 10k miles but the fluid is ten years old. Wanting to print of step by step service info FROM GM REPAIR GUIDE ONLY... Hoping that one of you fine chaps can provide me with specific info with service procedure/part numbers....Thanks in advance...

Shaun

Lol i work for Ford but would never drive one! Does that make me a Ford buddy?! :jester:

I see your answer was already given, but i too have access to service info if you ever need it.. I can be your "chevy buddy who works for Ford, who dispises Fords, and would never drive one, but works for Ford because there is always work in my stall, cuz they are always broken, but would only ever drive a chevy" guy!

Lol JK. Good luck with the Diff service Shaun! :peelout:

Haha I probably will make the switch some day. The guys at the dealership are a good crowd and ford pays more because its a family owned dealer. If I ever leave the state, I'm going to chevy.

Haha I probably will make the switch some day. The guys at the dealership are a good crowd and ford pays more because its a family owned dealer. If I ever leave the state, I'm going to chevy, or maybe find a LS performance shop to work for! :thumbs: That'd be a dream job there.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Haha I probably will make the switch some day. The guys at the dealership are a good crowd and ford pays more because its a family owned dealer. If I ever leave the state, I'm going to chevy, or maybe find a LS performance shop to work for! :thumbs: That'd be a dream job there.

Come to Oklahoma!

Here is the info straight from GM. Document ID 363855

Differential Fill

DEXRON® LS Gear Oil

DEXRON® LS Gear Oil

1.72 liters

1.82 quarts

thanks

I see you erased my first post so what , none of your ford buddies could help you out?

I erased it because it was not thread pertinent, and because you seem hell bent on being a douche. Go make some stickers.

Lol i work for Ford but would never drive one! Does that make me a Ford buddy?! :jester:

I see your answer was already given, but i too have access to service info if you ever need it.. I can be your "chevy buddy who works for Ford, who dispises Fords, and would never drive one, but works for Ford because there is always work in my stall, cuz they are always broken, but would only ever drive a chevy" guy!

Lol JK. Good luck with the Diff service Shaun! :peelout:

thanks, I would still work for GM but I make a considerable amount more working for Ford. If that makes me a Ford guy, so be it. I call it being intelligent and taking care of the company that takes care of me...Not to mention I go home clean now. GM customer assistance blows.

Its cool we are all grown ups here he can talk how he feels like talking. The thing that bugs me Shaun is that you put ford up on this pedestal like there $hit don't stink and they never screwed over a customer b4 , give me a f'n brake ! I also like the whole reason your butt hurt cause gm didn't replace your brake pads after a year of owning the car. Everybody knows that brakes are a wear item and are not warrenteed . Sure a year is a short time for brakes to go bad but come on you said the turbo went bad as well? Sounds like you were doing more then just driving this thing to work and back , kinda like the cobalt you beat to hell that you sold to zachs girlfriend.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/80757-hate-to-say-it-but-will-never-buy-new-from-gm-again/?do=findComment&comment=890878

Its cool we are all grown ups here he can talk how he feels like talking. The thing that bugs me Shaun is that you put ford up on this pedestal like there $hit don't stink and they never screwed over a customer b4 , give me a f'n brake ! I also like the whole reason your butt hurt cause gm didn't replace your brake pads after a year of owning the car. Everybody knows that brakes are a wear item and are not warrenteed . Sure a year is a short time for brakes to go bad but come on you said the turbo went bad as well? Sounds like you were doing more then just driving this thing to work and back , kinda like the cobalt you beat to hell that you sold to zachs girlfriend.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/80757-hate-to-say-it-but-will-never-buy-new-from-gm-again/?do=findComment&comment=890878

Jon

You know that mileage plays more of a role in how long things last. It was only 1 year with 24k that the pads went bad.

My buddy just had to pay to have a new computer put in his 12 F150 ecoboost because the dealership went to scan his computer and it somehow fried. He had a plug in scanner in it when he took it to the shop and they said he had a tuner on it and that is what fried it.

I am speaking from personal experience from GM, not yours, mine. I think a 3500 brake option should last a little longer than that, ESP with my wife driving it 45 minutes each way a day on the highway. I don't know about you, but I don't need much brake activity on the highway. The turbo was leaking oil and the car was bone stock, so I'm not sure how that comes into play. And as far as the Cobalt I sold Zach, not that its any of your business or where you are going with that, but the only known issue I had with the car was the clutch, I thought it was going out (the car was near 100k miles IIRC), I TOLD Zach I thought it was going out when he showed interest in it (I still have the texts in my old phone). I remember him telling me that he has read about those clutches on the internet and it was just driver error. Then I was nice enough to take vacation and hand deliver it to Texas from Missouri with zero problems to him and Shelby (who had never owned a stickshift in her life, and killed it several times getting it out of the motel lot) and rent a car to go home. He looked it over and drove it twice before purchase. I also remember buying them dinner while I was there and housing them and feeding them free of charge while they were here for nationals....Several members on this site drove that car as well and can vouch for the quality of care I take in my vehicles. In case you forgot, before I was a service advisor at ALMIGHTY FORD (insert sarcasm here) I was a master certified GM TECHNICIAN. In my opinion, a quality product is MADE to be driven hard if wanted, and the Regal could not even be driven by a woman to work without issue. Hell I drove it off the lot with a projector headlight out. I told you is you had a problem to take it to PM, but you want to try to air it out and paint a picture of me being some terrible person, I'm not going to let it happen. So I repeat, if you have a problem, you have my personal number (I used to like you, remember) give me a call, send me a PM, or continue being the aforementioned douche and we can keep doing this in front of an audience. I'll check back in a while, I'm going to go "beat the piss" out my F-O-R-D

I dont understand how someone can get so worked up over the Chevy vs Ford debate. If you have THAT much hate for a product you have issues. If you dont like the looks or features of one brand its a little overboard to have a hatred for it. Rather, I dont care for their styling so I wont purshase their brand. As with me, I dont like Fords styling on the F150 and I like the Silverado better which is why I bought a new Silverado. Doesnt mean I HATE the F150 and have to call them junk. The ol lady is a Chevrolet person too, but she bought a brand new Ford this year simply because she didnt like GM's styling on SUVs. Do I look at her and say what a junk vehicle it says Ford. No its actually a nice vehicle. Styling and looks aside, a car is a car and a truck is a truck. They are both gonna break, and they are both gonna have their own issues. Also both more than the other. GM's service department is just as busy as Fords.

As far as my line of work, I a service manager for Freightliner. I laugh when drivers come off the road saying Freightliner is junk. Ok, so why is your Peterbilt in my shop? Or, look at my big exhaust stacks and chrome everything. Hate to break it to you, but your truck doesnt make any more money than the jalopy in the next bay.

Even though I work at our Freightliner side of our company our roots are Ford and always will be. Do I get butthurt over it? No. Do I make a heated debate over it? No

Get over it

I dont understand how someone can get so worked up over the Chevy vs Ford debate. If you have THAT much hate for a product you have issues. If you dont like the looks or features of one brand its a little overboard to have a hatred for it. Rather, I dont care for their styling so I wont purshase their brand. As with me, I dont like Fords styling on the F150 and I like the Silverado better which is why I bought a new Silverado. Doesnt mean I HATE the F150 and have to call them junk. The ol lady is a Chevrolet person too, but she bought a brand new Ford this year simply because she didnt like GM's styling on SUVs. Do I look at her and say what a junk vehicle it says Ford. No its actually a nice vehicle. Styling and looks aside, a car is a car and a truck is a truck. They are both gonna break, and they are both gonna have their own issues. Also both more than the other. GM's service department is just as busy as Fords.

As far as my line of work, I a service manager for Freightliner. I laugh when drivers come off the road saying Freightliner is junk. Ok, so why is your Peterbilt in my shop? Or, look at my big exhaust stacks and chrome everything. Hate to break it to you, but your truck doesnt make any more money than the jalopy in the next bay.

Even though I work at our Freightliner side of our company our roots are Ford and always will be. Do I get butthurt over it? No. Do I make a heated debate over it? No

Get over it

exactly. I own both, enjoy both, and nobody but me pays for them. Its all opinion. Now Brian, tell me more about my ragged out Cobalt. Did you enjoy driving it?

my point wasn't to paint a picture of you being a bad person cause i dont think that but it was rather to show your not exactly easy on things and i was just calling it how i see it and probably how GM evaluated the situation as well (this is just a guess thou).