I need some help on an airless home paint sprayer???

cmoney23

Hey guys, Any one have any experience with an airless paint sprayer. Well as most know buying a house in 2 weeks and we wanna paint every single room including bathrooms. And gonna be painting the cabinets black. Well i dont wanna use the standard paint roller and paint brushes. So i wanna buy a airless paint sprayer, I need some help on this. I need one that will work with these thick latex paints that menards or lowes carry. I dont wanna dilute the paint to use with a paint sprayer. I need one that wont burn up or just spit paint out because its to thick. Anyone got any info on this subject would be awesome.

Would this work for what i want it for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wagner-SprayTech-PF20-Paint-Crew-Airless-Paint-Sprayer-/200940439994?pt=Paint_Paint_Supplies&hash=item2ec8fbc9ba

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

I use airless paint machines to paint in the road and that will work don't spray any thing until the air is out of the lines like spray into a clean bucket until the air is out and just paint comes out with no paint tip on the gun then replace the tip then dump the bucket back in the machine and paint. When done make sure you clean all filters in the gun and in the machine if not you'll be replacing lines guns and filters cmoney you can call if your in a jam also if you can get a graco machine there are the best I've used but all will work

Another friend told me to spend $300-$400 to get a good one. He said the others will burn up fast. Would this get the job done.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_295429-48690-LTS+15_0__?productId=4745129&Ntt=paint+sprayers+airless&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpaint%2Bsprayers%2Bairless&facetInfo=

I have the same one I used for my addition. I didn't use it to paint the walls but did use it to paint the ceilings and doors and all the trim. Never had a problem but do follow the directions on the viscosity of the paint. I recommend it.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

You can get overspray with any spray gun its how you use it that minimizes the over spray and yes I have a graco paint machine it is for parking lots and road but its an airless paint machine on wheels run with a gas motor instead of electric but the airless paint part is the same pump / line / gun / and feed tube & bucket

If you dont want to buy one you could look at renting one for a few days maybe save some cash. If your going to be doing multiple colors sprayers are kind of a pita to swich colors fast and your probably still going to be in it for some roller/brush time. If everythin is same color good idea to get/rent one that will take 5 gallon buckets also.

Graco is one that we have for my job and I can tell you it's well worth the money if you plan to use it a lot it saves so much time doing it that way. We have used ours for exterior and interior paints and the only time it clogged up or was spitting was when the paint say for awhile and became a little chunky but they have filters you put on them to save from doing that. One thing I have to say is since you are using different colors you HAVE to clean it very thoroughly otherwise it will screw everything up and it does take some time. Another thing is you need to cover everything up because it makes a big mess and you'll probably turn into the color you are painting so as stupid as it sounds I would recommend wearing a painting suit of some sort, just to save you the hassle of getting it out of your hair and such.

Edited by K.P.VHO (see edit history)

Some good info guys...

For those who used it on interior, after painting the walls with it do u need to go over it once real quick with a roller because the overspray will leave the wall sandpaper-ey..????

All prep work should be done before painting, all you have to do once you spray is let it dry. Don't put it on too thick or it may start running. Are you priming it first?