ppl that fail with lifted trucks....

ztorss

so I am leaving my sister's town home complex after house warming party/get together and I am following a LIFTED FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY....this truck has AT LEAST AN OVERALL FOOT TO TWO FOOT LIFT KIT ON IT WITH OFF ROAD TIRES AND WHEELS compared to a STOCK SILVERADO SS w/ drop shackles in the rear....so basically I am following this girl/woman toward the exit gate of the gated community and I am kind of "tail gating" her because she is going like 10 MPH if that 5 MPH over 5 inch tall speed bump..(keep in mind this a LIFTED FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY) and by the time we get to the exit gate she has the nerve of coming out of her truck and walk up to mine and start YELLING AT ME for "why I'm 'tail gating' her on the way out" and random B***SH*T she had to come up with..I'm basically apologetic out the entire situation because I'm just trying to get back home like "normal person" would and she went off on me for about 2 minutes trying to get her point across which is basically saying to "slow down because there are children around and we do not need people in a rush around here".... again I'm just trying to leave to get back to my house and I am going SLOWER THAN SHE IS in a lower truck and she is giving me SH*T for it... I could not believe it and I just had to vent out on the situation because I feel that the MORONS that drive LIFTED TRUCKS and BABY THEM OVER STUPID THINGS LIKE CURBS, SPEED BUMPS AND SO ON need to get a life and realize that THEIR trucks are NOT THAT IMPORTANT and just to move on and should probably use this what they are intended to do.

Edited by justin.05.SS (see edit history)

I feel your pain. But I had a lifted truck that I loved. I treated it the same as I do my SS. Just because its lifted doesn't mean their gonna be mistreated. But like I said I feel your pain man I am no stranger to road rage and dealing with idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hard to say what might be causing someones else's bad day and some folks are immature enough that they just have to make someone else as miserable as they are.

It's never fun, for me, to be confronted by an irrational person that you don't really feel like just going of on and just have to sit and listen to.

Yeah my biggest problem is the "sit there and listen" haha yeah that usually doesn't go over to well! I'm usually a really nice person and try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but if you come at me steaming right away I'm a real smart-a $ $. Oh well, I love people and the idea of community in general but I really try to avoid them when I can... nobody usually cares what I'm doing off-road or at the track so thats the only public appearances I try to make :jester:

Yeah my biggest problem is the "sit there and listen" haha yeah that usually doesn't go over to well! I'm usually a really nice person and try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but if you come at me steaming right away I'm a real smart-a $ $. Oh well, I love people and the idea of community in general but I really try to avoid them when I can... nobody usually cares what I'm doing off-road or at the track so thats the only public appearances I try to make :jester:

Haha same way I think. I would have told her to get plowed!

I didn't really let it get to me, I was just surprised of the entire situation because she actually got out to yell at me, went on with the verbal abuse and walked away. I was doing the "sit and listen" just so she could get whatever the point was across and just so I could home. It just blows my mind how some people are. :sigh:

Also I'm not really knocking on people who drive lifted trucks because IF I did a lifted truck I would treat it like my SS but unlike the lifted trucks out here in SoCal, I would probably use it for off roading and not just drive a lifted truck out here because it is the "thing" to have or do with them.

I didn't really let it get to me, I was just surprised of the entire situation because she actually got out to yell at me, went on with the verbal abuse and walked away. I was doing the "sit and listen" just so she could get whatever the point was across and just so I could home. It just blows my mind how some people are. :sigh:

Also I'm not really knocking on people who drive lifted trucks because IF I did a lifted truck I would treat it like my SS but unlike the lifted trucks out here in SoCal, I would probably use it for off roading and not just drive a lifted truck out here because it is the "thing" to have or do with them.

Haha funny you mentioned that cause when im stateside now i reside in So Cal and I see tons of lifted trucks but street wheels and even 2wd!!! Comin from Tennessee I see jacked up trucks and think off road but these people jack them up to be bro-dozers and cruise the mean streats with them in style rather than hit the trails etc... Im thinkin about trading in my lifted jeep for a lifted D-max out here since the trails aint tight in So Cal like they were in Tennessee and I can actually play with the big truck... jeep will be tough to let go though cause its fun climbing around in the desert with, but i have other dirt toys for that too! Oh well didnt mean to jack the thread but I may be one of those jacked up trucks in So Cal soon!

At least she didnt pull a knife on you, like in my situation with a certain character because I was going to slow. Then he tried following me on his Harley, that was a complete joke.