I am wanting to redo my trucks paint on the cheap side and was wondering what kind of product is duplicolor for redoing this type of thing. Was thinking of going with a basic white, would like to do black but I dont think i can paint well enough to do black.

According to what I have seen on television, it is good stuff. But thats television. Never seen it in person. You might want to try a cheap approach before you go all in. Plasti-Dip, though hated on the forum by most, would give you an idea of what it would look like, freshen it up, and you could save your money toward a better product like PPG.

(I am not supporting Plasti-Dip, nor am I saying it is a great fix. It would just help him get a better idea of what he is wanting. So no flame please.)

www.dipyourcar.com I agree i've seen it done on a few cars and trucks and turned out very well for cheap coverage. not sure why people on here hate on it but it does work well on rim's and badges.

According to what I have seen on television, it is good stuff. But thats television. Never seen it in person. You might want to try a cheap approach before you go all in. Plasti-Dip, though hated on the forum by most, would give you an idea of what it would look like, freshen it up, and you could save your money toward a better product like PPG.

(I am not supporting Plasti-Dip, nor am I saying it is a great fix. It would just help him get a better idea of what he is wanting. So no flame please.)

I know what the paint looks like. When you have rust and body work that needs to be done you need real paint. Not fake peel able stuff. I got enough peeling paint to deal with.

www.dipyourcar.com I agree i've seen it done on a few cars and trucks and turned out very well for cheap coverage. not sure why people on here hate on it but it does work well on rim's and badges.

Plasti dip has its place. But I don't believe in covering body paint with the stuff

I like haters! Ill be plasi dipping a whole car over the weekend. My buddy has a 2001 Mercedes that is rusting and we are going to sand it down fix the body and paint it!

i have used dupicolor in the past and it is not bad.

Most automotive paints are of decent quality. The biggest reason why people say this paint held up like crap or is bubbling, peeling, etc is because of how it was done. Prep and primer and sealer are the most important part of any paint job. Next is proper mixture of the paint and then proper coverage of the paint. I have seen some single stage tractor implement paint that costs $50 a gallon look as good as a 5k paint job. A quality paint does have its benefits as well as quality equipment. Paint can be fixed.

Btw plastidip looks like shit! No matter if the benefit is that you can remove it and test colors. Its like a gay guy using a condom on his boyfriend. It comes out with shit in the end.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Most automotive paints are of decent quality. The biggest reason why people say this paint held up like crap or is bubbling, peeling, etc is because of how it was done. Prep and primer and sealer are the most important part of any paint job. Next is proper mixture of the paint and then proper coverage of the paint. I have seen some single stage tractor implement paint that costs $50 a gallon look as good as a 5k paint job. A quality paint does have its benefits as well as quality equipment. Paint can be fixed. Btw plastidip looks like shit! No matter if the benefit is that you can remove it and test colors. Its like a gay guy using a condom on his boyfriend. It comes out with shit in the end. Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the help. I don't quite have the faith in plasti dip as some