Tranny issues?????

Need a little input on this topic fellas. I recently put in a re-tuned computer in the SS, it was mailed to me. Shortly after I could smell something burning. Cant place it. Yesterday I was driving it pretty hard, racing around with a few people, truck started acting up. Kind of feels like at 50mph its hesitating, bucking a little, like if the wheels were out of balance, but thats not it. I think its tranny related, trans temp was around 200 steady, I could feel the heat coming from under the truck. It was hard to shift the column from P to D. The steering wheel is shimmying real bad. Anyway, pissed off, I park the truck for 3 hours get in it and it seemed OK but I didnt push it, just wanted to make it back to the driveway.

Any ideas??

Best of luck to you let us know what it is. To the guy 2 posts up, just curious what kind of servo issues? I did mine a few weeks ago and can't think of any way to do it wrong? I am just wondering cause it does almost feel like the truck adapted to the servo and softened the shifts some so I just wanna make sure I didn't do something wrong.

Best of luck to you let us know what it is. To the guy 2 posts up, just curious what kind of servo issues? I did mine a few weeks ago and can't think of any way to do it wrong? I am just wondering cause it does almost feel like the truck adapted to the servo and softened the shifts some so I just wanna make sure I didn't do something wrong.

I didn't have issues because I really took my time and did things right. BUT there were a few things I noticed that could potentially cause problems. The biggest one is seating that snap ring on the servo cover. I know there have been other members with that problem before. If you're running TCI billet servos getting the orientation incorrect is a possibility as well. If you didn't turn off your adaptive shift learning, your shifts will soften. It's normal.

I had a shift kit installed and they put shimes in and another spring. I didn't know that and put my servo in and it wasn't shifting right. After 3 tries I finally figured it out with help from 2BFAST and Zippy. But there are a few things that can happen like said above the snap ring can not seat properly, nick a seal or rubber o ring. Could have put it back together backward. That's common I've read. There are a few things.

If the fluid smells burnt I would replace that and the filter. I would strain the fluid and check for any metal that isnt normal. Nomal metal shavings are metallic and you cant really feel them between your fingers. Operating trans temp is about 180, but its not un common to see 200. Its when you start getting to 220 that you should start to worry, As thats when varnishes start to form and then further damage occurs to seals and clutches etc.

Servo was done a while back and everything was cool, it hit hard into 2nd, so I had it retuned. The pressure was adjusted for the retune to more of a factory shift point. I will change the fluid and filter and check for carvings next. Still trying to pinpoint why this happened only after I put in the new computer???

Waiting on Justin to respond, tranny is def toasted. He said all he did was lower the pressure to go back closer to a factory shift point.

Im going to rebuild the tranny, I have no choice, I need some tips on what to do differently so it will be closer to bulletproof. Mods are, tune, cold air intake, exhaust, near future will be cam and stall. Any help is appreciated.