14.3 with stall and cam?

AugustBurnsRed19

We put the bigger cam got the retune, then put the stall but didn't get the retune. So we take it to the drag strip and it ran a 14.3 average. I was expecting something like low 13s lol first time with just cai, and headers I ran a 14.7 now with cam and stall I gained 4tenths of a second, somethings not right here. Well for one I believe it could be that we need a retune for the stall, for two I believe that I need a wideband tune which will adjust my air fuel ratios because bigger cam equals more air, but before I get the wideband tune ima probably try to get a ls6 intake manifold.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little slow. How's the da when you ran. 60 foot, mph? Don't think the retune for the stall will matter. What size cam/stall? Don't waste your time or money on the intake. Truck intake is plenty good to run 12's on. I don't think guys know what running a low 13 second pass in a 5200 pound takes. When you get your tune right with a wideband I would say high 13's, low 14's depending von da and cam/stall size/match. What Headers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

As brad mentioned.. post up your time slip and a little info on the track you ran at. The tune for the converter isnt holding you back. What cam do you have? Either way times seem a little slow in general. I ran 13.9 with out a cam and 13.4 with a cam

Yeah I am going to get 3600 stall and some 243 ported heads I am thinking the truck is starving for air so with the ls6 intake or fast 92 intake manifold with 243 ported heads and 3600 stall it will come to life hahaaa still runs awesome rolling though

GL and the 3600 will help alot. That's a good size cam too. Your 60ft killed you because you didn't have near enough stall but it will come down alot with the 3600. What converter are you gonna get? Brad is really good with this stuff so I recommend you take what he says and use it. He's very technical and has seen and done alot of research. GL

Is this an AWD or RWD? I think should be running abit faster but could be a nber of things causing it.

I ran mine a few weeks ago with DA @ 3243, on 22" reps and full weight plus some, using a 3400 nitrous stall, aem intake, and 2 flow masters hacked into the exhaust, I also added a PCM I bought that had a tune on it done before. I was able to turn a 14.2 with a 2.1 60" at best, I wasn't thrilled but I was working with what I had, and best way to get it to hook was to leave very lightly and I tried different ways of getting into the thorttle best was to hit it after I passed the lights other wise the tires were lit up in smoke and I'd turn about a 15-16. So now I'm looking for a 15" wheel to set some DR's on.