14.3 with stall and cam?

AugustBurnsRed19

Is this an AWD or RWD? I think should be running abit faster but could be a nber of things causing it.

I ran mine a few weeks ago with DA @ 3243, on 22" reps and full weight plus some, using a 3400 nitrous stall, aem intake, and 2 flow masters hacked into the exhaust, I also added a PCM I bought that had a tune on it done before. I was able to turn a 14.2 with a 2.1 60" at best, I wasn't thrilled but I was working with what I had, and best way to get it to hook was to leave very lightly and I tried different ways of getting into the thorttle best was to hit it after I passed the lights other wise the tires were lit up in smoke and I'd turn about a 15-16. So now I'm looking for a 15" wheel to set some DR's on.

That's not shabby for 3243'

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWD Yeah thanks yall usually when I race people ill race em rolling in 1st gear in between 3600 and 4000 truck just wants to jump off the street when I nail it i got this cam because getting twins whether its a supercharger or turbos are gonna cost a lot so all motor with a small shot every now an then maybe a 150 with heads cam bigger stall can get me low 12s am I dreaming? Or does that sound about right

How hot is it down there in Texas right now? It was 85 here in New York yesterday, I would bet that it is as hot or hotter down where you are.......

......I know both Brad and Art see where I am heading with this......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Well there you go, there is part of your problem. When it's that hot out, your track times will suffer. It's difficult to make good horsepower and get a good pass when temps are that high. Wait for cooler weather and you should see an improvement.

that cam is too big, in general, but for your mods right now...its way to big. Right now you dont have near the compression to make that cam even think about working down low, the small heads are about the only thing helping your torque right now, and its really not becuase better heads will improve torque by the time you hit your stall rpm. If you ever want the truck to 60 foot, start thinking 4500+ converter. I normally say forget the intake manifold, but even with 11.4 compression and add the great flowing heads that cam wants to breath way up top. About any intake that has a 4 bolt tb will help you out, so forget the ls6 idea. You can tame the shift points down by keeping the runners long with a lsxrt or tbss intake. I would use a lsxrt and a 102 to let that cam breath but maintain the shift points. If you want a hp number that cam you can use a carb style intake like a vic jr, but prepared for little torque off the line and not much peak torque either, and high rpm hp, like 7200+ peak.

Cams that big need to be done right on, or a 224 cammed truck is going to show you the tail lights every time, and pass you at the gas station, and drive better with a 3400 converter, and wear out the valve guides less...and be more fun to drive around town.

Thats what I plan on doing higher compression, with some 243 ported heads. My friend has some 243s already ported for $900+ I was hoping along with that arp rod bolts and maybe a shot of nitrous like 150. My friend also told me tbss intake manifold altogether 3600 stall 243 ported heads tbss intake manifold with a 150 shot. Also when I race rolling I have the rpms in between 3600 and 4000 when i hit it its just straight power no one hangs right then they may pass me up on top end but during the launch notmany are still beside me so im thinking the 3600-3800 stall will work perfect with 243 heads i am aiming for good all motor setup and maybe the shot of nitrous

that cam is too big, in general, but for your mods right now...its way to big. Right now you dont have near the compression to make that cam even think about working down low, the small heads are about the only thing helping your torque right now, and its really not becuase better heads will improve torque by the time you hit your stall rpm. If you ever want the truck to 60 foot, start thinking 4500+ converter. I normally say forget the intake manifold, but even with 11.4 compression and add the great flowing heads that cam wants to breath way up top. About any intake that has a 4 bolt tb will help you out, so forget the ls6 idea. You can tame the shift points down by keeping the runners long with a lsxrt or tbss intake. I would use a lsxrt and a 102 to let that cam breath but maintain the shift points. If you want a hp number that cam you can use a carb style intake like a vic jr, but prepared for little torque off the line and not much peak torque either, and high rpm hp, like 7200+ peak.

Cams that big need to be done right on, or a 224 cammed truck is going to show you the tail lights every time, and pass you at the gas station, and drive better with a 3400 converter, and wear out the valve guides less...and be more fun to drive around town.

Words of NA wisdom right there.

What makes someone get a cam that big on what sounds like a mostly stock motor? I've learned my lesson already, I put my last car together with left over parts and on spray it ran like a bat out of hell, but on motor it was running with stock motor 2v mustangs. Or getting beat by them.