Who's transmission are you running

• 3 weeks later...

my stock trans lasted till 91k. lots of spirited driving and tons of towing. bought a transmission off ebay rated for 500 hp.. lasted 1300 miles... in the process of either getting my original rebuilt or seeing if I can get a 4l80e swap going

Build #6: lasted 3-years behind a daily-driven 12-psi, until the "indestructible" 4340 chromoly output shaft exploded. Upon teardown the 3/4 clutch was showing "typical" wear, but only in the center 1/3rd of the frictions. Hmmmmm....

Build #7: has been in the truck almost a year now, with every "trick" known, plus a couple experimental ones. It is coming out for inspection to see how the 3/4 clutch pack has held-up during this last year of service, but I am sure that we positively conquered the issue - it HAMMERS into 4th with authority under WOT.

Build #6: lasted 3-years behind a daily-driven 12-psi, until the "indestructible" 4340 chromoly output shaft exploded. Upon teardown the 3/4 clutch was showing "typical" wear, but only in the center 1/3rd of the frictions. Hmmmmm....

Build #7: has been in the truck almost a year now, with every "trick" known, plus a couple experimental ones. It is coming out for inspection to see how the 3/4 clutch pack has held-up during this last year of service, but I am sure that we positively conquered the issue - it HAMMERS into 4th with authority under WOT.

You to need to tell them who built it :jester:

• 1 month later...

I'm doing a 4l80 swap right now, but i have been on brandons tranny for a year or so. It has help up my passes at track and weekend driver. I keep it at the track for spirited driving, that might be to my benefit ( and trannys). It has held up great so far. Similar build to the flt lvl 7 actually.