Famous Family Members

Cramer

Maybe something like this will liven up the site some hopefully.

List a famous family member or members and a link or a description of them. Tell a little about them if you know them or if you heard stories from family.

Here is mine with a Wikipedia link.

Cochise: My great, great, great grandfather ( I think that was how many)

Found this out my senior year of high school when I had a to do a report for English. I came to class one day and forgot to pick a person to do the report on and said oh shit it's due tomm. There was a small list of people to do the report on and while I was trying to decide on who to pick my teacher said your doing Cochise. So I got some general info on him and went home to research some more. My mom saw that I was actually doing homework and had to check it out. When she saw who it was on she said you need to talk to your great grandma about him. So I called her and told her i'd be over. Mind you my great grandma is Hispanic and I can understand more than I can say but not how she would ramble on so I had to have my uncle tell me everything. She told me stories that her parents told her about him and who he was and all that. So my pen finally runs out of ink after 5 pages of short hand and a ton of info. Then she says wait here and goes into her bed room and gets a picture out of him. This picture was only seen by a hand full of people ever and at that time there was only one picture of him known to exist. I was in awe over finding out all this and to have proof from all of it was even better. Got home and threw the report together and handed it in the next day. The teacher came to me a day later and started talking to me about him because he was into history also. He actually knew more than I did about him and I brought up the picture that my great grandma showed me, and his jaw dropped. He immediately asked if he could talk to my great grandma and asked if she would speak in my class. I told him that I don't think she would feel comfortable speaking to the class but I can see if she wouldn't mind speaking to him. Then he tells me a secret that he has been writing a book on native American culture and how it has changed. Well my great grandma said she would talk to him and after almost 8hrs he got all the info he wanted about him. I did end up with an A in the class for some odd reason. Sorry to ramble but that was my story.

Here is his. And by the way there is some good info left out but I have no way of proving it since my great grandma passed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochise

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

I'm related to Jimmy Hoffa through marriage. Don't know much about him but him but found that out through my grandma when there was a special on him on TV. I left the conversation at that because it seemed to be a sour subject.

Paul

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Well according to some distant relatives on my moms side who are obsessed with genealogy; I am supposedly related to Drew Bledsoe. I am also supposedly related to Daniel Butterfield who was a Civil War General famous for composing the bugle call Taps.

My Great Grandma on my dads sides maiden name was Boone, and she swore that I am related to Daniel Boone the famous frontiersman, but it has never been proven. The genealogy trail went cold.

Now that ought to be an interesting story.

Have you done stunt work as a steady job before?

It was just a freak deal. They were making the movie here not to far away and my uncle was working on an airboat for a guy and pow hired me on the spot to drive an airboat and it was awesome. Met the whole cast.

I don't have a lot of info about him but by marriage I am related to NFL safety Brock Marion. I see his brother Kody on all major holidays and fa because he is married to my cousin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Marion Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thats funny. I went to school with him.

I don't have a lot of info about him but by marriage I am related to NFL safety Brock Marion. I see his brother Kody on all major holidays and fa because he is married to my cousin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Marion Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thats funny. I went to school with him.

High school here in Bakersfield or college?

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm related to several ranking officers from the Civil War. The only one that I would really consider "famous" is Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. He was a cousin through the Jackson/Cunninghams on my mother's side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_Jackson

Ronald Reagan is also a distant relative. My last name, Elza, started off as Elsey, and was changed through a gramatical error, after my Great (x6) grandfather and grandmother passed away while my Great (x5) grandfather was a child. His care was signed over to the Coberly family, and when the papers were signed, the name was listed as Elza, which stuck from then on. President Reagan's Grandmother, through his mother Nelle's side, was Mary Ann Elsey, who decended from the same Elsey family in England.

http://www.archives.com/genealogy/president-reagan.html