Shocks

skymynx

It's very clear that my truck's shocks need to be replaced. Anyone have any luck with one brand over another? Typically I've used KYB in the past with good results. I'm just looking to get a factory ride. Not looking for anything to harsh.

I got lucky when it come time to replace my shocks and found a member on here who had his factory shocks he pulled off at 20k ish miles when he dropped his truck. Id go that route if you can find anyone who still has some low mileage shocks, the stockers ride great IMO. If you want to go aftermarket talk to Tony (Norcalss). He can hook you up with anything suspension related stock or dropped.

I went with Bilstein shocks in my SS, and they were a big improvement over stock. Not harsh, just more controlled. Many also like Belltech, but I have not used them myself.

I first replaced my stock shocks with Bilsteins and didn't find much problem with them. Then they wore out again (I drive a lot) and I've since gone to Belltech streetperformance shocks from NorcalSS online store. I like the feel of them better.

I first replaced my stock shocks with Bilsteins and didn't find much problem with them. Then they wore out again (I drive a lot) and I've since gone to Belltech streetperformance shocks from NorcalSS online store. I like the feel of them better.

whats the part number on the Belltechs? I think that's the route I want to go also.

whats the part number on the Belltechs? I think that's the route I want to go also.

I got them off tbss.com after talking with Tony (NorCalSS) just mentioned stock height... I'm out of town this week otherwise I'd check the box for you.

I got them off tbss.com after talking with Tony (NorCalSS) just mentioned stock height... I'm out of town this week otherwise I'd check the box for you.