Shocks

skymynx

I went with Bilstein shocks in my SS, and they were a big improvement over stock. Not harsh, just more controlled. Many also like Belltech, but I have not used them myself.

^^^Stock height I have to agree on the Bilsteins, even on a 2/2 drop I would still go Bilstein. Or just go with the z60 stock suspension. I do not have Bilsteins on my truck, but that will happen no question.

My old BMW 325ix's I swapped all shocks out for Bilsteins and the corner and handling was very much improved (I have to also disclose the car had sway bars front and rear). And those vehicles can corner a lot harder than these trucks.

You can also check out the Edelbrock IAS shocks for stock height, they are not cheap though (last time I checked they were around $95 per). They have some valve that opens and closes depending upon how the road is (bumpy or smooth).

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

I'm using the factory still with a 2/2 beltech drop. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

The question is, how do you like the ride with the stock z60s?

I can recall one member that was f/i in CA and he stuck with Bilsteins on his drop. It all comes down to personal opinion but I like a tight, stiff ride so i can corner with my awd. Then again you are 2wd so it's all what you prefer sir :chevy: