Car theft in Cen-Cal

chawkins6789

I know a few of you live over here not too far from me. Just had a theft last night. It wasnt the truck though. Good thing because I have a ton of cash wrapped up in it.

What was taken was my brother's 98 4Runner. Our neighbor had his 98 Silverado stolen last week.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

I park under a motion light. You can't access my cab without turning it on Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Better have more security than that; two guys with a large screwdriver, cordless drill, and extra PCM can be gone with your truck in 45-seconds. That's too nice a truck to lose.

Mr. P.

A motion light wont stop someone, as everyone knows nobody gets up when they go off, Unless your paranoid. Its just like car alarms, nobody even cares anymore. Like said above, it doesnt take long to grab a vehicle when you know hat your doing.

Like others have stated. Lights won't do much. I have all sorts of light in my driveway even a motion light. That didn't stop somebody from breaking into our DD's. It only takes a few minutes and they are gone. If I had to leave my truck outside at night. I'd install a switch that had to be turned on for the vehicle to run. Or even a two way alarm system.

Deer cameras boys! Put you a Deer/animal camera that snaps their dang picture to just in case they do make off with it! Maybe put it in a hard to reach place and leave the flash on to spook them or turn the flash off so they dont see it and try to bust it to! This, of course, in addition to other security elements.