AT the Lights

GMMG

Hey guys looks like we have a few trucks out there now just wondering has anyone got into any street action. I know this site is not suppose to support street racing but BACK TO REALITY. The SS means lets race if you want to cruise by a Escalade.

I have had about 4 real races and I am currently undeafted. Granted I have yet to come across real competition.

2003 Hemi EXT CAB Victory 0-70mph or so (Close) but I still one by a truck and some change

Acura Intergera Victory 10-60

1999 GMC 2500HD Victory 0-50 in the rain :D

1998 Chevy Dually Victory 30-70

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and a freind from work did a stop light to stop light test as we came back from luch :D He has a 91 MR2 with the turbo. It is pretty quick car (at least it seems that way when you are in it. I don't know what the 0-60 or 1/4 mile specs are supposed to be for it. As you might expect, I left him way behind, because on the better off the line performance of the SS. Once his turbo started spinning, he said he was starting to gain a bit, but he was way back there by then.

I just met a White Lightning on the street tonight. I thought I might actually have a chance as it was starting to drizzle. But traffic kept us from any acceleration tests. He did drop back and then gave it a good gun on the throttle. Cool sounding exhast.

Hey guys looks like we have a few trucks out there now just wondering has anyone got into any street action. I know this site is not suppose to support street racing but BACK TO REALITY. The SS means lets race if you want to cruise by a Escalade.

I have had about 4 real races and I am currently undeafted. Granted I have yet to come across real competition.

2003 Hemi EXT CAB Victory 0-70mph or so (Close) but I still one by a truck and some change

Acura Intergera Victory 10-60

1999 GMC 2500HD Victory 0-50 in the rain :D

1998 Chevy Dually Victory 30-70

Well, come on over to Payson AZ............... and I guarantee you will no longer be "undeafted." :D

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was test driving a SS today and had the good fortune to come across an old primered long wheel base Chevy that revved the engine and wanted to test the SS. (It had a 350, close to stock, with a 3:73 gear.) We pulled up to a red light, on green I pulled him a bit but then got beat a couple of lengths through about an 1/8 of a mile. He followed me to the dealer to look at the truck and he and I both agreed the SS needs some more power. (In fairness to the SS, I'm a little hard to impress because my 74 454 has run mid-12 in 1/4 mile.) I really like the SS but think it is just begging for twin turbos and etc. :thumbs:

Posted on May 2 2003, 10:03 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come to Atlanta sometime, I'll even spot you 2 truck lengths...

I am in Atlanta my truck is no longer stock by a long shot so I will race you and I will take your 2 truck lengths.

I have raced several Lightnings most of them stock some with minor stuff done (pulley, exhaust etc.)

P.S. I am still Undefeated and this is my daily driver if you want to get serious I can pull out a real race car and make a fool of you. :jester: but my truck will probably take ya out many have tried and failed.

Truck is now 16-0 :cheers:

Tu

Hey Tu,

What part of Hotlanta do you live in? I lived there for 23 years, just moved to Phx. in '95. I spent the first half living in Marietta and the second half of in Roswell.

HEY GUYS I LIVE IN ALPHARETTA AND WORK IN MARIETTA. ANYONE INTERRESTED IN MEETING UP LET ME KNOW WE CAN GET ALITTLE ACTION HAPPENING. I AM NOT INTERRESTED IN A SERIOUS STREET RACE BUT I WILL SHOOT THE SHIT AND RUN ANYONE IN A STOPLIGHT SAY 0-60 OR 70 RACE. I WOULD LIKE TO MEET A FEW TRUCK GUYS ALL I KNOW IS F-BODY VETTE GUYS. SEE YA ON THE STREETS GUYS. :cheers:

• 2 months later...

I've had a couple experiences light to light. I have been victorious at everyone except one. I beat one of the new Hemi trucks from 30-90mph. Another was one of the WRX's. Those things are supposed to be pretty fast. I don't know if it was the car or the guy driving but I smoked that car all the way up to about 70 when I let off. Then there are those ricer kids that think they are fast. Those are pretty easy. The only one I have lost is to one of the new Lightenings. I had him by about a truck length and then when he got traction, he ended up taking me by about a truck length and a half when we got up to about 80.

Add a twin turbo to ours, it's gonna be very tough to beat.

Archived