Clunking in Steering Column ?

geomcrider

I just got my new shaft a little over a week ago. The parts took 2 weeks, were on back order. Mine started around 1,400 and I took it into the dealer back in May I think and never herd back ( I ended up going through hell with the dealer, so I went to a different dealer a few weeks ago). The truck is all better now. :P

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just went into my dealer today to get put on the list. I was ready for a fight but the service guy said that all the Silverados, Tahoes, Avalanche, etc that have the problem are going to be replaced as soon as the parts are available.

Although he said he didn't have a list, I told him I would check back weekly just so he doesn't forget me. Told me I'm home free under mfg. warranty. Whew! That's a relief. :thumbs:

Could someone explain the feeling a bit more. My truck seems to have a slight "wobble" like feel when turning left. Nothing too serious, but if the part is backordered I should probable do something now.

Wizard

well damn, i only have 6700 miles...no noise/shake yet but I hope I dont get any grief from the dealer about the escalade front clip when it does come time!! :mad:

anyone more familiar with warranty policy's...can differant sheetmetal affect my warranty?

anyone more familiar with warranty policy's...can differant sheetmetal affect my warranty?

shouldn't make any difference at all, the intermediate shaft problem is well known to dealers on the silverados and several other Gm vehicles. The part is on a national back order right now. We've been waiting for two weeks for the new one for the SS sitting on the lot.

This is great news....I just found this forum yesterday and I was going to post this question today. On my SS I have been driving with this problem for about 6 months. But now that I hear that others are having problems...I am calling the dealer right now!!

Thanks for the post!!! and the comments!!

:cheers::thumbs:

I just ordered the intermediate shaft yesterday. The dealer said 3-4 weeks. As far as the tailgate cables go they said they weren't sure how long. They understand from GM the process for the cables is to replace them in order of year of mfg. They started with 2000's, then 2001's now they are starting to allow 2002 models to receive the replacement cables. They said they haven't heard when it will be allowed to replace the 2003's.

i still get info on my ex-wifes 2000 silverado. they sent me the first notice about the tailgate cables months ago. i haven't heard anything other than that, although i did ask about them about a month ago for both the 2000 and 2003 SS. nothing yet.

Archived