N/A HO timing tables...

marc_w

knock knock...

so i got my lfts all in line...timing table taken care of...O2's are looking good at WOT.

but, when i mash it while crusing i am having a KR problem. a while ago deezel suggested manually downshifting...that did the trick...no KR. works every time.

my ? is, how do i go about solving this problem with the TCC apply/release settings?

other than that, the SS is running like a raped ape...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCC settings to combat false KR...

marc_w's suggestion of increasing the normal TCC table by 5mph in the low-mid range seems to work ok. Originally I had only raised them 2-3mph. I ended up tweaking it a couple more times just to get the lockup where I wanted it in the 45-60mph cruising range.

Yeah, just a follow up on the PE and timing stuff.

I've just changed my PE delay to 1.0, delay RPM to 1,000, and set my PE enable vs TP %, vs RPM:

90 90 90 80 80 80 80 75 70 70 70 65 65 65 60 60 60 60 60

I'm still running that modded f-body table, and I hit 28* at 5,000, maxing out at 31* at the 5,800 shift. 02's were fattened up a bit to a consistant 890-900. No KR at all. The tone of the motor sounds nicer - not quite sure why, but it does.

I'm happy I'm making progress!

I can post the HO timing table once I get things pretty well straightened out.

Yeah, just a follow up on the PE and timing stuff.

I've just changed my PE delay to 1.0, delay RPM to 1,000, and set my PE enable vs TP %, vs RPM: 

90 90 90 80 80 80 80 75 70 70 70 65 65 65 60 60 60 60 60

I'm still running that modded f-body table, and I hit 28* at 5,000, maxing out at 31* at the 5,800 shift.  02's were fattened up a bit to a consistant 890-900.  No KR at all.  The tone of the motor sounds nicer - not quite sure why, but it does.

I'm happy I'm making progress!

I can post the HO timing table once I get things pretty well straightened out.

COOL!

:D:D:devil:

made a few changes and have good results...

modifying the kr attack rate and recovery rate...just cause kr is a pain in the arse...also made a few changes to the tcc apply release table and got rid of most of the kr from downshifting...

in my last log of the evening it got 2 instances of very slight kr on downshifting at a certain mph...above that or below that i did not get kr....so for now, i am just going to try not to mash it at 70-75mph....i am going to drive on what i have for a while just to let things settle out and such then go back and see if i have any problems...maybe add a touch more timing here and there.

thanks for the help guys...

ok ok--i am by no means a "TOONER" (haha) but i was watching and listening when the shop was trying to tune my truck. it was on 5psi and i wanted to run up the boost, and did--but it didn't make any more hp. the guy said he couldn't get it to run anymore than like 10* and it needs like 20--he changed all of the tables he could like EQ ratio vs. rpm timing modifier and nothing....help!

ok ok--i am by no means a "TOONER" (haha) but i was watching and listening when the shop was trying to tune my truck.  it was on 5psi and i wanted to run up the boost, and did--but it didn't make any more hp. the guy said he couldn't get it to run anymore than like 10* and it needs like 20--he changed all of the tables he could like EQ ratio vs. rpm timing modifier and nothing....help!

Its hard to suggest much without a mods list... :dunno:

What was the AFR? What was the IAT? What was limiting timing to 10*?

ok ok--i am by no means a "TOONER" (haha) but i was watching and listening when the shop was trying to tune my truck.  it was on 5psi and i wanted to run up the boost, and did--but it didn't make any more hp. the guy said he couldn't get it to run anymore than like 10* and it needs like 20--he changed all of the tables he could like EQ ratio vs. rpm timing modifier and nothing....help!

Its hard to suggest much without a mods list... :dunno:

What was the AFR? What was the IAT? What was limiting timing to 10*?

turbo or blower?

supercharger. a/f was 11/1. i am not sure on the iat. don't know what was limiting the timing. only mods are the kenne bell supercharger and exhaust.

With a non-intercooled FI setup, I doubt you'll ever get 20* timing out of it. What boost are you running?

5psi.........

The most spark I could get at 5 psi non-intercooled was 15* in the upper rpm range (but that was in Florida heat in the middle of August, so results may vary). With some tweaking you can definitely beat 10*.

update on WOT timing...

i ran a log yesterday after adding a bit of timing...at WOT i saw 30-34*...the 34 was right before the 2-3 shift...it averaged out at 31* at WOT. O2's were 880-890mV. no KR (finally :ughdance: )...running very strong.

with the wet roads yesterday i was getting the tires to spin on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts a bit...i'd start out in the left side of the lane and by 50mph i was towards the right... :driving:

Archived