Best bang for buck supercharger?

Sorry if its been beaten to death. Tried researching and not a whole lot came up. Currently have an 03 ss that's chipped (wheatley), ported throttle body, s and b intake, throttle body helix spacer, long tube headers ( no cats), Magnaflow dual exhaust. Looking for some more grunt for a daily driver. Reliablitity is my main concern along with low- midrange power. Would probably upgrade servos and do a shift kit. Seems like the radix mp112 is probably the best bang for the buck. Anyone have any suggestions? Where's the cheapest place to buy it? I've been searching the classifieds but no luck (wouldn't mind used if its in decent shape for the right price). All info definately appreciated....

Procharger is definitely the way to go IMO if you're set on a supercharger. Very efficient kits and make great power. Check over on performancetrucks.net, there are usually a couple used kits floating around on there. Good luck!

I agree.... Honestly budget and supercharger dont fit into the same category. You will need more than just the blower kit. Injectors, fuel pump, new tune, plugs. Basically no matter what brand you go with, you will spend some money. Power doesnt come cheap, if you skimp you will regret it later.

The best bang for your buck if your looking for a complete bolt on and go kit would be a radix... As long as your happy with 13's and a real good streetable DD... If you have any plans whatsoever to go faster it will take more money invested in the radix to make it run more efficient as it is gets heat soaked real fast once you pulley down and start spinning her up... So if you plan 12's or low 11's or more I would go Procharger or Turbo, Not saying a radix won't get you into the 11's but it would cost over $1000 to make it efficient enough to do it... It is a constant up hill battle with IAT's trying to push big HP's... But a good quick DD that is a complete bolt on and go, I'd go radix or TVS all the way, power on demand and rips out of the hole.

You can find a Radix MP112 for somewhere in the 2000s now. Keep in mind being an 03, as your info says, you will need the "return style" fuel setup on your Radix. 04-07 classic has the "returnless" style fuel setup.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

if your going to DD your truck i would go with a radix 112 or 122. you can buy one at this point for 2500~ and they are complete kits which are very easy to install and require basically no maintenance what so ever. i believe the first oil change is at 100k LOL. they will also run well past 100k with no worries at all.

what i will say is if your looking for efficiency and power potential pro charger is the way to go. IAT's run 3 degrees above ambient unlike the radix (30-40 degrees at all times) and once you hammer the radix they will spike up insanely. the only downside to the pro charger is that it requires oil changes every 5000 and unless you get a drain tube its a real PITA. you have to remove the head unit to change the oil. other than that i will say the pro charger trumps the radix in every way. you can find a used P1SC or D1SC for probably around the same price as the radix depending on mileage and condition. a D1SC may run you more than the radix tho

i had a 112 radix for 4 years and just switched to a D1SC last winter. major upgrade IMO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive got an MP112 you might be intersted in. Its got all the bells and whissles available. Its still on my truck at the moment, but wouldnt hesitate to pull it and ship it to you, as my truck is gonna sit awhile for winter while i build my new powertrain. I can sell you the MP112 with the 90mm J-tube as well as the stock J-tube, 90mm throttle body, x-link if needed, 60# injectors and adapters,dual heat exchangers, kit intercooler reservoir and hoses, 2.75" pulley as well as stock pulley, 100 MM idlers, its got a Phenolic Spacer installed (i made a post a few months back, just search Rays radix spacer). Its painted black with an SS badge on the front of the blower. I also have a few belts you can have. And lastly I also have the Magnacharger HD belt tensioner if you want it as well. Ive probably got $2000 into this blower as well as the $3000 i paid for it. Its got around 35,000 miles on it, as its on my DD. I can let you have everything stated above for $3400. If thats more than you're wanting to spend, i can include the stock tensioner instead of the HD and pull the spacer (some other members where interested in this piece if i were to sell the blower), and even the injectors if you want. Let me know, maybe we can make a deal. For the time being, you can check out pics here. http://www.silverado...x-spacer/page-4