Factory Exhaust Removal

How difficult is it the remove the factory exhaust clear up to the slip-fit/flange? I would like to keep it in one piece, but don't really want to move shocks, suspension, etc to snake it out. This is a drive way mod on stands, no 4-post lift job. :( Any crossbraces to remove?

It currently raining pretty hard, and I don't feel like getting drenched to look myself. :uhoh: Anyone know?

i dont think it will be that bad ...it should be enough room to slide it back ...just depends on how far the slip fit goes in...and if the rear is hanging then you shouldnt have a prob :cheers:

I got mine out in once piece, in my gravel driveway, one cold miserable winter night... ;)

It's not overly difficult. I only used one or two jack-stands, and I had to remove one bolt for the passenger rear shock absorber so the suspension could droop enough. The only trick was finding the right spot for the jack/jackstands so that they're not in the way.

Technically, what happens when you hit a speed-bump too hard, or a sneak-upon-you pot hole with a tire that has a shallow sidewall like that?  :confused:

I was just wondering if it was worth the trouble of removing it in one piece? If you chopped it at the top of the axle bend, it would be a lot easier and would only need a little welding to reinstall.

i got mine off in one piece too. jacked up truck in garage put jack stands under rear axle. removed spare tire. jacked rear up on bumber to unload supension. Initially got front bolts stuck on the cross member but wiggled them off and then did twists and turns with the tail pipe over the axle and slid all out in one piece towards the front passenger tire and to the right. it was a pain to do by myself. if you can get someone to help move it through it would probably be a good idea.

I'd take it to an exhaust shop and have them do it.

It's on a lift and everything is accessible, especially if you’re bolting in a new cat-bac.

It’s allot less hassle and before it’s back on the ground you’ll know everything is adjusted where it needs to be.

WW :cool:

I would go the shop route myself. Any good shop should be able to remove your old system and install a cat back for about $100. (Assuming you supply the system of course and don't have any custom bending done)

I forgot about the spare... I had to lower mine. That's it.

I personally don't feel it's worth $100, if you have a jack and a jackstand. Of course, $100 to me, isn't the same as $100 to someone else!

The reason I kept mine in one piece - I'm swapping it back on before the snow falls here in the NorthEast. I don't want the chrome (welded on) tips on my B&B getting corroded.

I like being able to revert things back to bone-stock if I need to... I don't have a welder handy to do things 'right'.

Archived