454LSX Build

amscholtz@comcast.net

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent quite a few hours today going over different companies offerings, I am now pretty sure I will be going with a Jake's Performance Level 4 with a billet 3000 stall converter from them as well. Does anyone happen to have part numbers for the other stuff needed for the 4L80E swap? Driveshaft and speed sensor mostly, I found a guy on another board selling crossmembers for $140 shipped.

If you just take your crossmember to a welding shop. It won't cost you 140 bucks worth of welding to modify your stock crossmember to work. You need to move the mount back 2.5 inches.

Ordered the transmission today, went with a Jake's Level 4 4L80E and a billet converter. I am also going to get some 2" primary headers from American Racing since we have to pull the exhaust out anyway. Going to reusing my cutouts, high flow cats, and black chrome tips but redo the rest in 3" not cobbled together pipe and add a muffler instead of a resonator.

So what type of muffler do you guys think would sound good on this? Doesn't need to be too loud since the cutouts take care of that.

I will probably just have my shop mod the crossmember if they can do it cheaper, I didn't even think about how much it would even cost to just mod it.

I will probably just have my shop mod the crossmember if they can do it cheaper, I didn't even think about how much it would even cost to just mod it.

If you have a good fab shop in town go there. I literally stood there when the welder welded mine and Brandon's. He did both of them in about an hour. And that included painting them black with rattle can so they didn't rust.

Spent quite a few hours today going over different companies offerings, I am now pretty sure I will be going with a Jake's Performance Level 4 with a billet 3000 stall converter from them as well. Does anyone happen to have part numbers for the other stuff needed for the 4L80E swap? Driveshaft and speed sensor mostly, I found a guy on another board selling crossmembers for $140 shipped.

I got my cross member and wiring harness from PATC. Here's a link to all the parts I used on the 4L80e swap I did a few months back. There are part numbers on that thread somewhere too. Also, consider doing the Sonnax pump plate upgrade while you have the transfer case apart. That could save you some headaches down the road.

Oh yeah, Corsa Sport FTW!!!

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/84191-the-calm-before-the-storm-04-sss-build/page-2

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Small update, new AHR 1 7/8" headers are sitting there, going to be reusing my electric cutouts, my tips, and probably my high flow cats but run all new pipe. Should I keep the resonator and add mufflers or replace the resonators with mufflers? Any ideas what would go best with the rest of my setup?

Transmission and torque converter are being finished up and should be on the way up to me next week. Also have the new input shaft from Time2Kill sitting with the headers and an updated tune with the 4L80E stuff in it from Justin at Black Bear (I wholly recommend him by the way, he has had to earn his money on this pain in the ass build). Will just need to modify the driveshafts and crossmember, do the bit of wiring, and hopefully be good to go finally.

• 3 weeks later...

Transmission finally showed up today... And there is no torque converter with it. Will be calling Jake's tomorrow to see what the deal is.

That's pretty bad; to forget to ship a torque converter. I'm pretty easy going but I think I would let them know their pretty slack. :idiot:

Called them up today, apparently they always ship their converters separately. I would think they would have installed it and found a way to ship it as a whole unit. Should have tracking on it tomorrow.

you don't ever ship them together. The converter sitting in the unit bouncing around will ruin the pump bushing and possibly mare the hell out of the hub.

Edited by Retired99 (see edit history)