Metallica anniversary

kissfans03ss

Listening to the radio today the disc jockey reminded me that today is the anniversary of the death of former bassist Cliff Burton back in 1986.

I remember all to well hearing about his death and wondering if the band would go on or not...look at them know who knowns what would have happened had Cliff lived.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'd say I'm a huge fan but most stuff past Justice is meh. The Black album is slowly creeping into my playlist but I just can't stomach anything beyond that. I really miss those golden days of metal 83-89. Had really high hopes for Death Magnetic but...it doesn't measure up for me. I wonder where they'd be today if Cliff had survived that crash?

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

I'd say I'm a huge fan but most stuff past Justice is meh. The Black album is slowly creeping into my playlist but I just can't stomach anything beyond that. I really miss those golden days of metal 83-89. Had really high hopes for Death Magnetic but...it doesn't measure up for me. I wonder where they'd be today if Cliff had survived that crash?

I am with you on that, I wasn't into their last 2 albums.I think Black was their last good album but then again I'm not into the unforgiven or enter sandman.

Master of puppets was my first album and still think old school Metallica is best.

I'd say I'm a huge fan but most stuff past Justice is meh. The Black album is slowly creeping into my playlist but I just can't stomach anything beyond that. I really miss those golden days of metal 83-89. Had really high hopes for Death Magnetic but...it doesn't measure up for me. I wonder where they'd be today if Cliff had survived that crash?I am with you on that, I wasn't into their last 2 albums.I think Black was their last good album but then again I'm not into the unforgiven or enter sandman.

Master of puppets was my first album and still think old school Metallica is best.

Agree with both of you. Albums after the black album I didnt like at all . Definitely fan of old school. Especially Ride the lightning.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Def. a 'Sell Out' after the Black album. I saw them live for the "And Justice for All" & Black tour, couldn't take it after that :(

me too Jeff,they were a lot better when you could not pronounce their name and were more of an underground band.

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

Always listened to Metalica during soccer warm-ups wether it be a pre-season game or state finals. I was too young to know Cliff Burton in the band, but we played all albums pending how important the game was. Great music to pump you up and something I will never forget (warm-ups and metallica), RIP Cliff Burton.

Wow I cant believe there are so may people that are Anti Black Album Metallica.

I never thought that Metallica sold out, just changes there style a bit. There are two different Metallica's pre black and post black. I personally think they are equally good (except St. Anger).

I'm a huge Metallica fan. I love all their albums, except St. Anger. Master of Puppets is my favorite. I am a huge Load and ReLoad fan. Listen to both album straight, not a bad song on either of them.

I'm a huge Metallica fan. I love all their albums, except St. Anger. Master of Puppets is my favorite. I am a huge Load and ReLoad fan. Listen to both album straight, not a bad song on either of them.

I went to a Metallica concert not to long after St. Anger came out. The crowed was nuts, then they played songs from st. anger and people in the stands sat down and it got real quite. Then they played older stuff and the crowd went nuts again. I thought it was pretty funny.