E85/CNG LS compatible engines

f1ss

I guess this thread is worthless then, sorry I do not follow cars as much as you do (I have no idea they have been running e85 or CNG in LS engines for years).

I am just your average SSS enthusiast. And thought it was very interesting how idahoBLKss is running e85 and now Chevy is producing these engines to run on it. Was simply giving him a compliment as I thought this was new technology.

Sorry for the old news everyone. My bad.

edit - thank you for the correction though Shaun, I thought this was new technology. Please do not take my response as being harsh, I know you are into vehicles much more than I am.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

I wish there were more e85 stations local to me. I have one on the other side of town, but that about it. I would love to run "race fuel" (lol) from the pump. I could definitely up my boost!

My 06 single cab came flex fuel from the fActory.

03mass , the vehicles that were previously e85 friendly were labeled "flex fuel" and they have been around for a while now I em in no way the originator lol but I have been running the fuel for about 4 years now or so.

Thank you idaho, I do not know much about mixtures in this area. I just was not sure if e85 is the same "mixture" as flex fuel, I have not seen an e 85 station. Thank you for the correction and input everyone :pepsicheer: