switch small amp stock alternator out for the bigger 145 factor altern

I replaced the factor ss alternator out on my 03 ss for the bigger factory 145 amp alternator same plugs and all and now its not charging my battery and the guage dont work? Is there something else that i have to do or whats going on? Starting to get pissed off with this thing

Yeah man bought it brand new had it taken apart for powder coating then put back together stuck it on and nothing... took it to a shop paid them $60 to scrap some coating off the inside for grounding purposes he said that was the problem.. brought it home today stuck it on andddddd nothing again

So gay lol hopefully I can clean off just the small sections with out messing up the whole bracket

Mark the area on the powder coat that will be covered by a regular or lock washer and just bare that off. A lock washer might do the scraping for you as you tighten it.

Don't know about you reduced power mode but the elec. system being messed up might possibly cause unusual problems.

OK well I got everything scraped off and the alternator is charging now buttttt when the alternator is plugged up the truck will only run for about 40 sec and goes into limp mode and shutts completely off ... kills the fuel system and everything...... but I can unhook the alternator and reset the computer and it'll run all day until the battery dies but as soon as I hook the alternator up goes into limp mode! I just don't understand it....... I even put a brand new 105 amp alternator on it to try that and it still does it

OK well I got everything scraped off and the alternator is charging now buttttt when the alternator is plugged up the truck will only run for about 40 sec and goes into limp mode and shutts completely off ... kills the fuel system and everything...... but I can unhook the alternator and reset the computer and it'll run all day until the battery dies but as soon as I hook the alternator up goes into limp mode! I just don't understand it....... I even put a brand new 105 amp alternator on it to try that and it still does it

I have ohmd everything and its all getting the right amount not showing any problems ... the only thing I have changed on this build besides last is bigger cu in. And a fan harness from ls1fans.com so I don't know why I'm having this problem

I have ohmd everything and its all getting the right amount not showing any problems ... the only thing I have changed on this build besides last is bigger cu in. And a fan harness from ls1fans.com so I don't know why I'm having this problem

did you check all the relays in the harness for the e-fans?none are miss wired? Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)