Anyone here lift?

onebadmax

I got all my lifting out of the way when I was in High School. 12 years ago before my Senior Year I shattered my ankle and I have not lifted since.

In my prime I was training to play college football (small college) but I was a little small at 5' 9 1/2" 210lbs. My Max bench was 290 (probably could have hit 300 if I would not have stopped). I still hold records at my high school in my weight class for dead lift (750lbs) and squat (600 lbs).

I woud love to get back down to 210, but I really dont plann on doing much lifting ever again. Maybe small weights just to keep my strength up since I have already lost so much.

These were almost identical stats to me other than the weight. I was around 170 at 5'9" and at 5% body fat. Shreaded for sure but a few hamstring surgeries and broken collar bone that broke in two places and fused bad took my range of motion for power lifting away. I trained pretty hard and never dieted right so it began to take a toll on me after a while. I lost a good amount of my build and about 15# in the last 7yrs due to having kids and working a lot so work gives me my cardio daily along with chasing my soon to be 2yr olds. And for keeping a physique I use the power rack a few times a week and some other calisthenics. I am finally gaining weight back so I might try to put the new weight to use next year.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

i just started like a month ago.. well like really into it because before that ill start and then get lazy and stop. now i got all my protein powders and such and such. hoping to look pretty ripped by next summer lol

Word of advice, real food > protein shakes. If at all possible I try to hit my macros with food only, protein shakes are just a bonus. I do take creatine and NO Xplode. Everybody looks at me all crazy when I get that NO pump going lol.

I ve been lifting forever. The most I ever got at a meet was 365lb bench, 515 bench and 605lbs deadlift. I weighed 196lbs and was 6'1" tall. That was 2 years ago when I was overseas and nothing else to do but lift. I do more lighter lifting and cardio ever since I tore my shoulder power cleaning.

I lift em up and put dem down. I haven't been in two months fighting walking pneumonia is no treat hopefully go back when it settles. I was running 7 minute miles and benching 275 at 170lbs body weight. My hours suck and was getting up at 2:30 to make the gym in the am. I travel 1.5-2 hours one way to work-- not fun. I will be back just when it starts getting colder out. I also used JACKD 3D! Love that shit! Helps the sleepy urges at 3am!!! Onebadmax check out Joey Donnelly. He's my inspiration promotor for lifting smart

Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)

I look forward to going to the gym when I get up in the am lol I gotta work for over 10 before I can go workout. Lots of great products out to help you. Eat as clean as possible and stick to it you will see the benefits.

my bench is weak due to my shoulders. i have really bad shoulders and it really kills my chest days. the most ive ever done on bench was 225 but ive done 110s dumbbells before. dumbbells are easier on my shoulders so i tend do them more. i dead lift 275-315 all the time i love dead lifting its probably my favorite workout

other than that 2 years ago i weighed 285 and now im 184 5'11 with ~15%~ body fat

my bench is weak due to my shoulders. i have really bad shoulders and it really kills my chest days. the most ive ever done on bench was 225 but ive done 110s dumbbells before. dumbbells are easier on my shoulders so i tend do them more. i dead lift 275-315 all the time i love dead lifting its probably my favorite workout

other than that 2 years ago i weighed 285 and now im 184 5'11 with ~15%~ body fat

Nice work man

Boxed, lifted, and did the Chuck Norris routine! Lifted 250 x30, boxed 2 matches after high school everyday with kids a lot bigger/stronger (6'4+, 250lbs+).

The Chuck Norris machine is the better, however it will wreck your shoulders. I use to do 300 reps x4 a day to the point I tore my tendon in two spots. I miss those workouts.